Black cherry to much 8%?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethan diy

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2017
Hey all..
I was wondering i want to make a single recipe ..black cherry FA.... I looked at the flavor list and it says average used at 1.something %....it also said most used 8%.... I like it a little on the strong side but im afraid 8% might be to much...id love to here some feedback if anyone has any experience with this.
Thx.

Reactions: stols001
I do not have that flavor, but looking at the flavor on ATF and ELR I think 8% will be too high, I'd try 3%, or you could start at 6% and reduce the flavor level if needed using my Cosmic calculator. I routinely mix high and reduce down using my calculator. I keep note of the empty tare weight and mix extra 'blank' or unflavored base to add to dilute. If you know the empty tare weight of the container you can make an accurate guess of the volume to calculate the reduction, and your juice will be steeped so just shake and vape. Good luck
That URL one more time: Cosmic E-Liquid Calculator

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Hey all..
I was wondering i want to make a single recipe ..black cherry FA.... I looked at the flavor list and it says average used at 1.something %....it also said most used 8%.... I like it a little on the strong side but im afraid 8% might be to much...id love to here some feedback if anyone has any experience with this.
Thx.
Cherry is a hard flavor to get right. FA has strong flavorings anyway. Starting low % 2 -3 may even be too high. Since cherry is mostly considered an accent flavoring, it may be hard to anyone who vapes it as at stand alone. Higher % could result in it tasting like cough syrup......

HTH

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
I have only used it with other flavors, at 2% and it's well noticeable.

I think 8% would push it in to a pharma chemical cherry flavoring role (and that wouldn't be bad in my recipe with the title of Cherry Cough Syrup but 2% is plenty strong without overpowering the horehound and anise).

I think the 1%-3% area would get you a lifesavers cherry candy area without going chemical.

christylh8

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2018
Huntsville, AL
I have TFA Black Cherry and it is very strong and comes out tasting medicinal at higher percentages. I would recommend starting at 1% and adjusting to your taste from there. I also use TFA Smooth to round out some of the harsher edges of the Black Cherry. (Same with Blackberry too). Hope that helps!

• Useful
Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread