Black Mech Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

LevineDelta

May 8, 2015
Hey ECF,

I bought the Black / Copper Stingray 18650 and within 2 weeks the black was coming off, now its beyond ugly. I want to get another Black Mech mod to match my Mutation X rda but was wondering if all Black Mech mods are like this? Paint peeling or small layer of black to where you barely scratch it and it comes off.

Does anyone have any suggestions / options with experience?

duc916

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2012
Nor Cal
1 inch heat shrink works well for me and my SMPL's... If you don't mind the extra mm of thickness, it's ideal. If it starts to get beat up, pull it off and do it again. Once you get used to the traction of a rubber grip, especially with a bottom firing mech, everything else just feels silly.

attachment.php

Last edited:

alicewonderland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
sadly, anything painted/unoriginal color of the material will always chip/peel off given time and use. The best bet would be to get a colored ABS plastic mod, so if it does chip/break off, it will just show the same color. The best bet would be since you are looking for a black mech mod, is to get something simple (hah) with no curvature/intricate detailing, something such as a SMPL mod, so when it does chip/peel off to ugliness, you can just sand it smooth and repaint it yourself with spraycan paint. Spraypainting isnt that difficult.

Reactions: LevineDelta

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I own a black silver vein Silver Bullet. They are powder coated; the silver vein models have a texture feel to them which I like. It's about a year old, gets daily use, and seems pretty durable. My son is currently using my old white Silver Bullet which is 3 years old. It has some fine micro scratches but no paint chipping.

I prefer the Silver Bullet because of it's recessed side fire button. It's more natural, and safer because it will not autofire in a pocket like a bottom-fire mod.

Black silver vein Silver Bullet
silverveing.jpg

Last edited:

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    I own a black silver vein Silver Bullet. They are powder coated; the silver vein models have a texture feel to them which I like. It's about a year old, gets daily use, and seems pretty durable. My son is currently using my old white Silver Bullet which is 3 years old. It has some fine micro scratches but no paint chipping.

I prefer the Silver Bullet because of it's recessed side fire button. It's more natural, and safer because it will not autofire in a pocket like a bottom-fire mod.

I like that finish! Wouldn't show fingerprints, etc., over time.

Reactions: Baditude

alicewonderland

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 28, 2012

I have an old white silver bullet I havent used in some time, as im not 100% sure how many amps the switch is rated for. plus the threads got stripped. Have you tried their new Mechanical silver bullet though? The Silver Bullet M, i loved the form factor of the silver bullet, and I find it surprising for how popular the original silver bullet was, no one talks about or uses the Silver Bullet M Mechanical.

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    Alice, I've seen and held the new fully mechanical Silver Bullet when it first came out last year, but not actually used one. When it first came out, there was an issue with the adjustable 510 connector and fire switch, which I'm pretty sure would have been fixed by this time. Chad is an excellent mod maker for AltSmoke.

LevineDelta

May 8, 2015

silverveing.jpg

Ill have to check this out, awesome look Mod! I like the button !

Reactions: Baditude

LevineDelta

May 8, 2015
    I have a black SMPL. So far, so good. I've had it for a few weeks and haven't noticed any chipping or anything, but then again, I'm not real hard on my mods.

I actually just bought a 1:1 clone of the SMPL Black Mod and the Copper one, total $28.00 for both and i have to agree, it seems great so far. I'm a little rough on my mods honestly, drop them, toss them, hence why i buy clones most of the time haha and leave the authentic's at home.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread