Blank Carto Problems - Hit or Miss

Status
Not open for further replies.

firefox335

ECF Veteran
May 31, 2010
Ohio
I have been ordering the 2.9 ohm blank cartomizers from Vapors Etc for a few months now and I seem to be having some issues. Sometimes they are spot-on. They produce a very flavorful vapor - and lots of it. And at other times, they produce the foulest flavor I have ever tasted. Like burning perfume and plastic. I have tasted burned cartos before and believe me, they don't taste like this! So the downside is that I have to order 3 five packs to end up with 7 or 8 good cartos. The upside is that those 7 or 8 cartos are awesome and last a long time.

I've also learned that the cartos with the hard plastic mouthpieces can be filled using the "condom refill method", whereas the ones with the soft rubber mouthpieces must be filled by either removing the mouthpiece and dripping liquid into the filler, or using a syringe.

Anybody else have issues with these? I always order white if that helps.

Thanks.

haft2doit

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2010
erie, PA
Hmmm... If you continue to vape does the foul vapor subside? It is possible I guess that there is some primer fluid in some. If you get a chance maybe try giving a problem carto a good cleaning and see if it changes anything. If they still don't work properly you may want to try a new vendor or different carto. Really annoying paying full price for half of what you order.

firefox335

ECF Veteran
May 31, 2010
Ohio
@haft2doit: I tried it to see if the taste would go away, but it's so bad, I just can't. :(

@r8ross: I received another order of cartos from you today. Let me try them out and see if there is a problem with them. Could be that I just got a bad batch. With 1000s of units produced daily, I'm sure that a mistake or 2 is bound to happen. I once ordered a 5 pack of cartos from another company. 4 were just fine while the 5th was prefilled with what tasted like peach. As my daily vape is peppermint, the 2 flavors did not exactly compliment one another.

I'll give these new ones a go and let you know.

Thanks.

firefox335

ECF Veteran
May 31, 2010
Ohio
Okay. I've gone through all 3 packs, so in 15 cartos there were 2 that had that foul taste. I usually have 5 cartos that I use in rotation. After filling and testing the bad one I let it sit for a few days. When I tried it again, The flavor had improved drastically, but there was still a hint of bad taste, but I decided to put it into the rotation. After I refilled it, it was fine. Completely indistinguishable from the others. I hope this helps anyone who might have a similar problem. These cartos are great otherwise. They produce a ton of vapor, are very flavorful and last longer than most others I've tried.

I would like to extend my thanks to r8ross who was willing to work with me. Thanks to his willingness to make things right, he's gained a loyal customer. I have only been dealing with VaporsEct for a few months now, but I can almost set my watch by their delivery times. I will continue to buy from them because of the great customer service they provide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread