Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Welcome back once again for today's review of a dual coil rta from Thunderhead Creations and a collaboration with Mike Vapes. The Blaze rta was provided to me for the purpose of this review from sourcemore and can be purchased there. At the end of my review I will leave a link with a discounted coupon code for the Blaze RTA at Sourcemore. Airflow is usually what makes or breaks a atomizer and at the conclusion of my review we'll see if the Blaze RTA is a winner or just another RTA. Without further delay lets begin.

THC-Blaze-RTA-11.jpg

COLOR CHOICES

THC-Blaze-RTA-19.jpg

IN THE BOX

* 1pc Blaze RTA

* 1pc Bubble Glass

* 1pc Coil Leg Trimmer

* 2pc 4 Core Fused Clapton Coil

* 2pc Screwdrivers

* Spare Screws

* Spare O-rings

* 1pc User Manual

* 1pc QC Card

* 1pc Warranty Card

THC-Blaze-RTA-18.jpg

FEATURES

* 26 Diameter - ( 24mm At The Base )

* SS Material

* 2ml Vape Juice Capacity

* Dual Coil

* Top Filling System

* Dual 270 degree Honeycomb Airflow System

* Top-to-bottom Leak-proof Design

* Innovative "WOW" Build Deck

* Airflow Ring

* 810 Drip Tip

PARAMETERS

THC-Blaze-RTA-12.jpg

THC-Blaze-RTA-16.jpg

DOWNWARD SLANTED TOP TO BOTTOM AND SIDE AIRFLOW

THC-Blaze-RTA-15.jpg

WOW BUILD DECK - HONEYCOMB AND SLOTTED AIRFLOW

THC-Blaze-RTA-13.jpg

authentic-thunderhead-creations-thc-mike-vapes-blaze-rta-rebuildable-tank-atomizer-silver-black-2ml-55ml-26mm-diameter.jpg

DOUBLE 270° HONEYCOMB AND SLOTTED AIRFLOW

THC-Blaze-RTA-14.jpg

BLAZE RTA COMPLETE BREAKDOWN

THC-Blaze-RTA-17.jpg

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Starting with packaging which is a simple box with a transparent clear plastic centered showing the Blaze RTA, opening the box reveals the Blaze that is shipped with the 2ml straight glass pre-installed and the bubble glass tube sitting above it. All your spares of O-rings, post screws of which you get both Allen and Flat head, 2 coils, 2 Allen head drivers of which 1 is for the post screws and the other is for the 510 pin, coil cutting measurement tool, warranty card, and the user manual. Everything you need to use the Blaze is provided except for your wicking material.

I was sent the Silver Black version that highlights a engraved flame in Silver on the outer barrel of the RTA that has gives it a very attractive appearance IMO. I'm glad that a straight glass tube was included because I think straight glass tubes looks better than a bubble although a bubble increases the juice capacity to 5.5ml from the 2ml straight glass and being a dual coil RTA I know I will be installing the bubble glass for less refilling.

20220802_132240.jpg

I always tell you to break down any new atomizer and clean it before using to remove any trace elements of machine oil or other debris left on during the manufacturing process. I've disassembled the Blaze fully for a hot bath in soapy water and positioned and labeled each piece for any new builders reading my review.

20220805_141239.jpg

Pictured in place is the inner barrel that is inserted in the outer barrel, as I showed you above the inner barrel is removable and can be placed on the deck and then inserted into the outer barrel when reassembling but I feel it's easier to just pop the inner barrel inside the outer barrel. Inner barrels have been used before on many RTA's and their purpose is to channel the airflow from the top down the cut out sides to the build deck.

20220803_131931.jpg

Many manufacturers that use a inner chamber have a fitting that connects very sloppy on the build deck such as many Geekvape RTA's that use the inner barrel chamber causing airflow to be choppy and less smooth. As you can see Thunderhead Creations and Mike Vapes made the connection tolerances very tight sealing and well fitted to the build deck with no wiggle or slop of movement of the inner barrel improving airflow smoothness.

20220805_130758.jpg

We now arrive to the star of the show being the build deck that has honeycomb airflow from the sides and bottom, there is also slotted airflow from the bottom. Airflow surrounds the coils 270° hitting them at every angle possible. Airflow smoothness can also be attributed to the downward slope of the 2 top air channels. Being somewhat of a floating deck there is some distance of wick tails, wicking slots are nice sized for your tails to sit in.

20220803_131020.jpg

I used everything included in the box while testing the Blaze including the 2 provided coils that Ohm out to .045Ω apiece and the coil cutting measuring tool that is marked for your coils placement which is 5mm with a arrow pointing up.

20220806_073854.jpg

Being that the "WOW" build deck as Thunderhead Creations calls it is post less makes it a very easy one to build on, simply unscrew the post screws and drop the coils in. With a coil rod of 3mm position the coils and tighten down the screws. After glowing my coils slightly getting all hot spots removed having then glowing from the inside out, my build came in at 0.22Ω.

20220806_120227.jpg

When wicking the coils leave them a little long because you will want to rake the tails thinning them a bit, then cut the excess and place the tails in the wicking slots but don't stuff them in tightly. Saturate the coils and tails with juice and bed the coils in.

20220806_124430.jpg

20220806_125406.jpg

I decided on a mod that I recently reviewed as the new home for the Blaze RTA because it has replaced another RTA that was in my personal rotation, I think it looks good atop the Gaur 18 mod with it's color changing diamond patterns on both sides.

20220807_115921.jpg

PROS

* Attractive

* Easy Build Deck

* Fantastic Flavor

* 2ml Straight Glass Tube Included

* 5.5ml Bubble Glass

* 810 Drip Tip

* Good Coils Provided

* Plenty Of Spare O-rings, Screws

* Coil Cutting Measuring Tool Provided

* Smooth Airflow - ( 270° )

CONS

* No Wicking Material Provided

FINAL IMPRESSIONS

I'm going to cut to the chase right away and tell you that the Blaze RTA is a big time WINNER! Having a easy to build on deck with plenty of airflow using both side as well as bottom honeycomb and slots that surround the coil 270° is one of the big pluses.

Fantastic flavor is another big plus and the most important one to me, I used a fruit juice that I know very well and all the flavor came through just as I know it. With all the airflow you would think the Blaze is a air machine but it's not so over powering with airflow that you could breathe through it, I think the airflow gives the big air users plenty of air.

I like it with 1/4 of the airflow selector closed down from fully open for a great RDL vape. Thunderhead Creations provides everything you need except a wicking material in the package contents.

I recommend the Blaze RTA 100%. In the beginning of my review I told you about a code you can use to get the Blaze at a discounted price of $23.19 if purchased at Sourcemore and the code for it is BLAZR.

I would like to thank Joyi and Sourcemore for providing the Blaze RTA for the purpose of my review of it and I hope that I answered all your questions concerning the Blaze RTA.

THANK YOU
    BIGBOB2322

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Welcome back once again for today's review of a dual coil RTA from Thunderhead Creations and a collaboration with Mike Vapes. The Blaze RTA was provided to me for the purpose of this review from Sourcemore and can be purchased there. At the end of my review I will leave a link with a discounted coupon code for the Blaze RTA at Sourcemore. Airflow is usually what makes or breaks a atomizer and at the conclusion of my review we'll see if the Blaze RTA is a winner or just another RTA. Without further delay lets begin.

THC-Blaze-RTA-11.jpg

COLOR CHOICES

THC-Blaze-RTA-19.jpg

IN THE BOX

* 1pc Blaze RTA

* 1pc Bubble Glass

* 1pc Coil Leg Trimmer

* 2pc 4 Core Fused Clapton Coil

* 2pc Screwdrivers

* Spare Screws

* Spare O-rings

* 1pc User Manual

* 1pc QC Card

* 1pc Warranty Card

THC-Blaze-RTA-18.jpg

FEATURES

* 26 Diameter - ( 24mm At The Base )

* SS Material

* 2ml Vape Juice Capacity

* Dual Coil

* Top Filling System

* Dual 270 degree Honeycomb Airflow System

* Top-to-bottom Leak-proof Design

* Innovative "WOW" Build Deck

* Airflow Ring

* 810 Drip Tip

PARAMETERS

THC-Blaze-RTA-12.jpg

THC-Blaze-RTA-16.jpg

DOWNWARD SLANTED TOP TO BOTTOM AND SIDE AIRFLOW

THC-Blaze-RTA-15.jpg

WOW BUILD DECK - HONEYCOMB AND SLOTTED AIRFLOW

THC-Blaze-RTA-13.jpg

authentic-thunderhead-creations-thc-mike-vapes-blaze-rta-rebuildable-tank-atomizer-silver-black-2ml-55ml-26mm-diameter.jpg

DOUBLE 270° HONEYCOMB AND SLOTTED AIRFLOW

THC-Blaze-RTA-14.jpg

BLAZE RTA COMPLETE BREAKDOWN

THC-Blaze-RTA-17.jpg

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Starting with packaging which is a simple box with a transparent clear plastic centered showing the Blaze RTA, opening the box reveals the Blaze that is shipped with the 2ml straight glass pre-installed and the bubble glass tube sitting above it. All your spares of O-rings, post screws of which you get both Allen and Flat head, 2 coils, 2 Allen head drivers of which 1 is for the post screws and the other is for the 510 pin, coil cutting measurement tool, warranty card, and the user manual. Everything you need to use the Blaze is provided except for your wicking material.

I was sent the Silver Black version that highlights a engraved flame in Silver on the outer barrel of the RTA that has gives it a very attractive appearance IMO. I'm glad that a straight glass tube was included because I think straight glass tubes looks better than a bubble although a bubble increases the juice capacity to 5.5ml from the 2ml straight glass and being a dual coil RTA I know I will be installing the bubble glass for less refilling.

View attachment 978311

I always tell you to break down any new atomizer and clean it before using to remove any trace elements of machine oil or other debris left on during the manufacturing process. I've disassembled the Blaze fully for a hot bath in soapy water and positioned and labeled each piece for any new builders reading my review.

View attachment 978313

Pictured in place is the inner barrel that is inserted in the outer barrel, as I showed you above the inner barrel is removable and can be placed on the deck and then inserted into the outer barrel when reassembling but I feel it's easier to just pop the inner barrel inside the outer barrel. Inner barrels have been used before on many RTA's and their purpose is to channel the airflow from the top down the cut out sides to the build deck.

View attachment 978315

Many manufacturers that use a inner chamber have a fitting that connects very sloppy on the build deck such as many Geekvape RTA's that use the inner barrel chamber causing airflow to be choppy and less smooth. As you can see Thunderhead Creations and Mike Vapes made the connection tolerances very tight sealing and well fitted to the build deck with no wiggle or slop of movement of the inner barrel improving airflow smoothness.

View attachment 978316

We now arrive to the star of the show being the build deck that has honeycomb airflow from the sides and bottom, there is also slotted airflow from the bottom. Airflow surrounds the coils 270° hitting them at every angle possible. Airflow smoothness can also be attributed to the downward slope of the 2 top air channels. Being somewhat of a floating deck there is some distance of wick tails, wicking slots are nice sized for your tails to sit in.

View attachment 978318

I used everything included in the box while testing the Blaze including the 2 provided coils that Ohm out to .045Ω apiece and the coil cutting measuring tool that is marked for your coils placement which is 5mm with a arrow pointing up.

View attachment 978319

Being that the "WOW" build deck as Thunderhead Creations calls it is post less makes it a very easy one to build on, simply unscrew the post screws and drop the coils in. With a coil rod of 3mm position the coils and tighten down the screws. After glowing my coils slightly getting all hot spots removed having then glowing from the inside out, my build came in at 0.22Ω.

View attachment 978320

When wicking the coils leave them a little long because you will want to rake the tails thinning them a bit, then cut the excess and place the tails in the wicking slots but don't stuff them in tightly. Saturate the coils and tails with juice and bed the coils in.

View attachment 978321

View attachment 978322

I decided on a mod that I recently reviewed as the new home for the Blaze RTA because it has replaced another RTA that was in my personal rotation, I think it looks good atop the Gaur 18 mod with it's color changing diamond patterns on both sides.

View attachment 978324

PROS

* Attractive

* Easy Build Deck

* Fantastic Flavor

* 2ml Straight Glass Tube Included

* 5.5ml Bubble Glass

* 810 Drip Tip

* Good Coils Provided

* Plenty Of Spare O-rings, Screws

* Coil Cutting Measuring Tool Provided

* Smooth Airflow - ( 270° )

CONS

* No Wicking Material Provided

FINAL IMPRESSIONS

I'm going to cut to the chase right away and tell you that the Blaze RTA is a big time WINNER! Having a easy to build on deck with plenty of airflow using both side as well as bottom honeycomb and slots that surround the coil 270° is one of the big pluses.

Fantastic flavor is another big plus and the most important one to me, I used a fruit juice that I know very well and all the flavor came through just as I know it. With all the airflow you would think the Blaze is a air machine but it's not so over powering with airflow that you could breathe through it, I think the airflow gives the big air users plenty of air.

I like it with 1/4 of the airflow selector closed down from fully open for a great RDL vape. Thunderhead Creations provides everything you need except a wicking material in the package contents.

I recommend the Blaze RTA 100%. In the beginning of my review I told you about a code you can use to get the Blaze at a discounted price of $23.19 if purchased at Sourcemore and the code for it is BLAZR.

I would like to thank Joyi and Sourcemore for providing the Blaze RTA for the purpose of my review of it and I hope that I answered all your questions concerning the Blaze RTA.

THANK YOU
    BIGBOB2322

Great review Bob! I really like this tank too.

Reactions: bigbob2322
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread