• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Blessed samhain

Status
Not open for further replies.

VaporPhreak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2009
Indianapolis, IN
Hope everyone had a great Samhain! We sat out for two hours waiting with candy for the trick or treaters... but none this year... we live in a neighborhood of older homes, just a small 3 street grouping of homes.. and we watched as all the neighborhood kids piled into cars to be driven to the cookie cutter house neighborhoods a little ways away. Saddening, but we got over it. In loo of a ritual we had a period of quiet time to reflect on the past year and commune with the ancestors, and later left out a small offering of mead and cinnamon roasted pecans for the ancestors and traveling spirits. I explained each of these things to my wife as I went and added why they are important. She is just starting out on her path so we have decided on a year and a day of "shadowing" me and learning what she can before taking full part in rituals and the like. She wants to learn the whys first, which I understand and encourage. We both enjoyed the evening. I hope everyone else did as well. Blessed Be!

Nyxie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2009
Port Richey, Fl.
We didn't have near as many kids come by this yr. I miss Samhain up north. Maybe it has changed there too though from the sounds of it.
I live in a sub division of 1970 built homes and there are 8 streets here. When I moved here 6 yrs ago the only thing I missed was the season changing, now it is the trick or treaters too. We did have some but not nearly as many as usual. It is also the first time in 23 years that I didn't trick or treat myself with the kids. My two older kids took the baby, they insisted. They just wanted to get at her candy first LOL.
I think what irritated me was the lack of parents bothering to get out of their car to walk with the kids. They drive down the street with thier mini vans open and the kids hop out and the parents coast down the road . UGH!! Talk about lazy. No wonder we are a nation of obesity.

Nighthawk

ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2010
Southeast Texas
Our neighborhood isn't safe enough to send the kids out, or open the door to strangers during the day, much less at night! Only heard a few gunshots last night though, so it was a fairly quiet night. I did manage to divert one of my sons' oncoming psychotic breaks, so that was good.
Sat night, I did an energy cleaning & reblessing of my teen daughters' room. She'd been having problems with nightmares and such. It had some really bad energy built up in there. Puberty isn't fun for anyone. She is also just starting her path, so she is studying and asking so many questions! I never push religion on my kids, but let them think and decide for themselves. It is nice though when they think mom's way isn't so bad. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread