Blitzen rta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt1285

Oct 31, 2018
Hi...so I have a question about the blitzen rta...I run it on a windex reuleaux 200watt...I got use to big Clapton coils really quick...the a geek vape 3mm coils 5 wraps...I usually vape around 110 watts...the build would come to around .16ohms...well recently I ran out of coils so I put some 22 6 wrap dual coils on which that build came to .16ohms as well but I noticed I can only take it as high as 65 watts...is that normal? Is it do to a smaller coil so it ramps up quicker? I get burn hits at 70 watts. So can someone break this down for me...thanks in advance

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Hi...so I have a question about the blitzen rta...I run it on a windex reuleaux 200watt...I got use to big Clapton coils really quick...the a geek vape 3mm coils 5 wraps...I usually vape around 110 watts...the build would come to around .16ohms...well recently I ran out of coils so I put some 22 6 wrap dual coils on which that build came to .16ohms as well but I noticed I can only take it as high as 65 watts...is that normal?
Yes.
Is it do to a smaller coil so it ramps up quicker?
Yes, also your new coils aren’t heavy metal exotics. That helps too
I get burn hits at 70 watts. So can someone break this down for me...thanks in advance
Giant exotic coils heat slowly. They have a lot of metal mass and surface area but most of it isn’t heating element. The extra surface area can evaporate a lot of juice when they get hot but they take a long time to do it. Giant exotic coils got popular because they look cool and they’re useful for cloud chasing competitions which is what passes for promotion press in the vaping world. For daily vaping though, simple coils beat out exotics I find. You’re probably getting near equal clouds, better flavor, and almost half the battery drain with your new coils. Exotic coils are like funny cars. They give up almost everything that makes a car drivable for a tiny bit of extra speed.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
thanks in advance
Responding to each reply can be daunting. If you choose, you can click "like" (the thumbs up) icon,or other icons, at bottom right hand corner of this post, this action will notify the respondent of your following response.
Could fill in your location, it may help you in obtaining location specific information to your question(s).
On the top right hand corner of this post you will find --"your name" next to "Inbox and Alerts"
Place the mouse pointer on your name. You will get a drop down and on the left hand side of this drop down you will find "Personal Details". Click Personal Details.
In Personal Details, in middle of screen in gray, you will find "Location" Could fill that box line in.
re: New users - Put your location in your Profile...

• Useful
Reactions: greek mule

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
Ok...thanks...honestly I have been vaping for three years but go figure...I knew the wattage would be lower because on the basic coil but had no idea with the same ohm readings that it would be such a drastic drop in wattage performance...thanks for replying
I think you get the gist, now, but it might not hurt to do a little poking around on Steam Engine. You'll find that the same resistance can be reached with all kinds of coils, materials....Your 2 coils may have had the same resistance but one of them required much more power to drive the current through it and heat it up, due to the complex metal mass.

Steam Engine | free vaping calculators

• Agree
Reactions: greek mule
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread