Blu E Cig question

Status
Not open for further replies.

artymis

ECF Veteran
May 28, 2009
Hello,

I have been vaping since July 2009 and haven't smoked a real cig since the day I got my e-cig. I had purchased the Bloog and have been using it since then. I do like it, but the batteries are going down and its time to replace it.

Now my question is this: I have been looking at the BLU e cig, it is cheaper than the Bloog or others, but it has 3 parts. Which is better? I like the pack you get that charges the BLU, but don't want to degrade the quality.

Thank you

Phil

Rambosmurf

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2010
Hudson Valley, NY
Try Madvapes, litecigusa or nhaler. They have all kinds of kits cheaper than others.
Had my Blu and sold it in 2 weeks. Cute but didn't work.
For me:
401: Small, like old cig with harder draw but using auto batts it is like a analog cig.
901: Best tasting vapor, larger carts..My wife fav. Tie with my 510
510: More vapor, harder hit, good cart. All kinds of mod to re-fill, change, etc.
Both Litecig and madvapes have disposables for 10 bucks. Cheap way to test.
Shipping on all 3 is superfast. I get my stuff in 3 days max.
Hope that helped.
RS

angelique510

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Blu is a "love it or hate it" e-cig. I, for one, love mine. It was the fourth or fifth model PV I bought. Many people here hate the blu - you will find tons of blu bashing in these parts. Don't let it put you off. There is another forum just for Blucig users. Google it.

As far as the two part vs. three part. What I have done is collected several atomizers - not hard to do at two for ten bucks. I have one for each flavor and use them as caps for carts in my PCC - basically make little cartomizers.

The batteries don't last long. I keep about six in rotation. The PCC and a couple of USB chargers (even one in the car) makes it easy to always have a fresh battery. Blus are cute and tiny - I wear one in a necklace all the time. Volcano Fine Electronic Cigarette...home of the best eCig sells a passthrough of the same model - L88b. They also have atties, batts and carts that will work with your blu - even blank carts. www.modernvapor.com sells caps that fit blu carts perfectly.

I strongly recommend refilling your empty carts. If you keep buying pre-filleds from Blu you will go broke. Besides, you want to experience more than the five flavors Blu offers. Their classic tobacco and java jive flavors are very tastey - stock up on those :)

Hope that answers your questions. Feel free to PM me if you have more.

~A

angelique510

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
One question, is these the type you have to fill yourself or can you buy different cart flavors?

You can buy the pre-filled carts from either Electronic Cigarette by blu E Cigarette - Home or Volcano Fine Electronic Cigarette...home of the best eCig They are simple and easy to carry, but do get expensive. They have a little foil seal that you break when you put the atty on. (Twist it around a couple of times to make sure you broke it, then check to see if any stuck to your atty) There is a video on the Blucig website showing this.

If you want more flavors, or just want to save money, you can refill them with any juice you want. You have hundreds of choices for flavors and nicotine content. Push the inner cart out with a bent paperclip and make sure all the foil is gone. I usually add about 8-10 drops of juice. Then use the paperclip to shove it back in there and you're good to go. If you want a different flavor than what originally came in the cart, the stuffing can be rinsed with hot water and reused. If you want fresh stuffing - which tends to wick better than the factory stuff, you can replace it with polyfill from Walmart, or Fluval or blue foam from Petsmart. Look for the "Cart Mods" thread for tons of instructions - including videos. You can find Blucig specific videos on Youtube, but the method is about the same for all models. A good rule is to use less stuffing than you think you ought, and don't overfill with juice.

~A

Sense Field

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2010
Nomad
Don't let anyone tell you otherwise...the Blu is not a good unit.

I started doing video reviews for the sole purpose of helping to keep people from making the same mistakes I made...namely...spending over $600 on both the Blu and supplies and the Green Smoke and supplies.

I listened to all these people who said they loved these units. I went on faith and just ordered a bunch of stock. In two and a half months I've spend hundreds of hours doing research...talked to numerous suppliers on the phone and bought tons of different, commercially available eCig Units.

The best unit out there right now is the KR808D-1...it's reliable...has an optional Personal charging case and the flavor and vapor are excellent.

Many Sites carry this unit...I go with smaller suppliers because their customer service is top notch.

YouTube - Blu Cig Review - The Truth: It Blows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread