Blu ecig battery replacement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unsilenced

Jul 10, 2013
Stockton, CA
So, as I mentioned in my other thread, my blu ecig battery broke down and I need to replace it. I haven't been able to get a direct replacement because something is screwy with their website for me, and even if I could, I'm honestly not sure I would want to.

I bought a 510 battery to replace it, but it won't work with any of my chargers (as I found out the hard way), but are there any, like, direct replacements for the blu ecig battery? Ones that I can use with the charging case? Because the charging case (and a good deal of sunken cost fallacy) are the only things keeping me from chucking the whole thing. I looked online and it *seems* like volcano sells compatible batteries, but I want to know for sure before ordering them, least I end up toasting them like the last one.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Hmmm.

The way I see it, a lot of these "system" types of e-cig are like a black hole of expenditure. I had two (E-lites and then JacVapour) and it took me some time (yes, I'm stubborn) to realise that replacing batteries and chargers etc. was just falling into the ready-made trap.

I got my money's worth out of my JacVapour kit, but the E-lites never paid for themselves.

Sometimes it's cheaper to start again with knowledge than keep throwing good money after bad. Everything I buy now is 100% compatible with everything else. I would suggest you cut your loses and move on.

james chapman

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Kerrville Texas
I have to agree with DJS,its a money pit. I did get off cigs,using the cig-a like. I know they are less conspicuous,but the frustration almost drove me back to smoking. I would look at going up to a EGO. I have used the Ego 650,1000,&1100 they work great and the 510 prefilled carts will fit them.if that is what you like to use. They are bigger,than the Blu,but you can get a lanyard and wear it around your neck. On the 650mah you will get about 5-7 hours of vape time,depending on how heavy you vape and that beats the cig -a-like charging every 45 min.,or the pack not charging. The ego cured my frustration and has kept me off analogs,for 2.3 yrs. Good luck to you.

Viper41

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2013
Maine USA
I agree with others about money pits. I started with blu did not take long before I was frustrated with them. batteries did not last long, I was charging them 4 or 5 times a day. also the carts did not last long. i would have spent as much on them as i did real cigs. I upgraded to an ego stly battery. also I got away from the auto batteries because the blu's battery would turn on all the time just from moving it or from the wind. for me - the ego style battery and a clearomizer worked great lasted longer and better vape than the blu.

JoJoVa

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2013
Washington, DC
What is preventing you from using the Blu chargers? If the new battery is 510, it should work just fine. Are you having trouble screwing it into the USB dongle? Or is it just not fitting in the case?
I have read on the forums that Blu uses some sort of reverse polarity making their battery and charger exclusive only to Blu.

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
It's only a matter of time before you upgrade to "frustration free" batteries. I went back to smoking because of the charging/dripping nightmare of cigalikes back in 2009. Even the 650 egos couldn't do it for me in 2011. I agree with the earlier posts about cutting losses and gearing up to vaping gear with some real battery life, variable voltage, etc. That's what it took for me, anyway. YMMV. Best of luck to you, Power Up and Vape On!

RoseB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2012
Washington
Get something better. If you can't afford to spend very much check out smokeless image. If you need something this very moment... try a cheap FIN at Walmart. I bought one just to see, and it wasn't too bad. My sister in-law ended up with it, because her blu is doing the same thing yours is. Logic power series has been my favorite gas station goodie. It is my backup. Cost me 20 bucks.

BostonJim

ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Las Vegas
Look at it from another angle, if you smoke a cig-a-like the smoke nazies will still give you crap about smoking in a smoke free area. Semantics aside, you know what I mean. But changing to a vape system the appearence of smoking goes away and those same people are a bit more tolerant. Besides the health benifits, just the fact I don't have to deal with the anti-smoking crowd anymore make it worth the price to upgrade to a personal vapor (PV).

Unsilenced

Jul 10, 2013
Stockton, CA
I should mention that I actually *do* have a better system, I have an ego kit that I puff on while I'm at home in front of the computer, but prefer cig-alikes in public for convenience, ease of carry, etc. I am thinking that at some point I should just 'start clean' and find a new kit that, if nothing else, has better compatibility so I can be choosier with my replacement parts.

Can someone confirm for me though if the Volcano battery is the same polarity as the blu battery? They're on sale right now and would make a good quick fix if they are.

sewsuite

Jun 4, 2013
livonia MI
I realize your posting was a couple of weeks ago, but I feel your pain, I bought two starter kits, because after the first batteries started to die, I planned to return them for an exchange, but would need batteries while I waited.
So first off, I'd like to mention that you should return yours if they aren't working, but you'll need a receipt. Anyways, this website offers compatible batteries, but they specifically state they won't work with Blu's chargers. I imagine no other replacements will:
http://www.themagicmist.com/blucigs-compatible-s/64.htm
Also I've spent a while researching replacement batteries and have a few more alternatives to consider. At the top of my list is the Joyetech 510 batteries. They aren't as long as some of the others and seem to have a good reputation. Here are a couple of sites that has good deals on them:
Joye 510 Starters Kits And E Cigarette Kits | Joye 510 Kit from LiteCigUSA!
Joye 510 E-Cigarette Starter Kit - My Freedom Smokes
I will be sending in both my old starter kits very soon for an exchange. I hope they will let me exchange them for either carts, or extra batteries, because I just bought a third starter pack this evening. I know that sounds crazy, but they had the new ones at the gas station for only $35 and I figured, what the hell. It came with 5 carts, two batteries, newer style PCC, usb and car charger adapter. The connections on the new batteries are a difference shade of metal, so I'm hoping they are improved. If you'd like an update on my exchange results, I can let you know how that goes.
Hope I've helped.

HarleyChick

Oct 13, 2013
Ohio
Can anyone tell me if the Magic Mist battery http://www.themagicmist.com/blu-cigs-Compatible-Battery-p/tmm-blu-cigs.htm is compatible with the blu Premium100 carts? I know I would have to use a different charging method, but at this point I don't care. I have only one blu Premium100 battery that is functioning, and the blu website has been out of replacement batteries for a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread