Blu ecig cough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex1987

Nov 24, 2020
Hi all I'm new to this forum. A question I would like to ask is I use a blu vape pen and have developed this cough. Now I had covid bad in march and April and abit paranoid about coughing. The cough comes in waves and is thickly at the back of my throat. My throat also tickles as well. I have been chain vaping recently as well. I use blu tobacco flavoured liquid. I also have a lump feeling in the back of my throat. Hope someone can advise thanks.

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
And Blu are the lowest of the entry level devices as well @Alex1987, that may be compounding the issue more. As they are unable to use high or full VG liquids or juices.

As folks can be sensitive to PG, which is actually classified as an irritant.

But it can also be the flavours used that can cause reactions, I myself cannot vape any Melon flavourings or I end up with throat irritation to an infection.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Stop using it to see if it goes away. Then start using it again.

If the cough comes back, stop using it again. Then start using it again.

If the cough comes back a second time then you can almost safely assume it has something to do with
    • vaping in general
    • the metal used for the coil in that particular unit
    • the PG or VG or flavoring or nicotine in the juice.
    This will take time to pinpoint and you may never be successful.

You could have a PG allergy as many people do.

Superuser187

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 10, 2020
    Athens
    If I was you I would stop vaping to see if coughing stops or gets better....
    I know it's not easy not vape or smoke but u must...

I never coughed but juice with a lot of pg or high nic can cause me dry throat and mouth....
    U could get another vape device and try use less nicotine or juices with more vg percentage or both....
    but the thing is that
    u need first try and see if vaping is the problem by quiting....cause can be sooo many things to make u cough....

Also depends how long u vape this device...did u change juices? Did something changed and since then u got those problems??

Also stop drink cold beverages and wear your jacket :p
    Gl man

Last edited:

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    What others have said... just want to add that those little pens are not made for "chain vaping" Do you know the nicotine level of the juice (I will assume it is "salt" type so may say something like 3% or 5% that translates into 30mg and 50mg... a very high amount) Get a decent device, use a juice with less PG and less nicotine (and try to avoid chain vaping) You may just fall in love with vaping after all ;) There are pods and "AIO" (all in one) devices that don't cost too much. people here can give lots of tips on that.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    Back when I tried Blu (a VERY long time ago), they were using all VG juices. VG didn't work well with my body so I switched to high PG options (still do).

I have no idea what they're using today but I know it's not what they were using back then, which were specially made Johnson Creek juices (no longer in business, sadly).

• Informative

cats5365

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 27, 2013
    United States
    Welcome to ECF. Which Blu device are you using?

In the US, they sell a pod system (My Blu) that comes in regular and intense versions with different mg or percents of nicotine in the liquid. The intense version uses a salt nic, the regular uses the freebase nic. I found that the My Blu pods hit really hard and I get the coughing and feel uncomfortable with them even at the lowest nic levels available.

They also have a disposable or tank system cigalike device. I find these do not irritate my throat like the pods, and are easier to use. I think the liquid as well as the way the tank works makes for less hit than the pods give.

If you are using what I would call a vape pen, that sounds like the old ego style device and has been gone from the US for a long time. These used a refillable tank and you could add your own liquid when it went dry.

After you have checked with a medical doctor to make sure you aren't having any medical issues from either past-covid or some other problem, you may need to try another type of device that offers more choices of liquid bases (PG/VG) and nic levels. If you are interested in some of the other kinds of vape devices, either pods or tank systems, there are many folks around here that could help you find something that works for you.

rob33

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2009
    A World Traveler
    First off Blu is owned by a tobacco company and they have no concern if you succeed making the switch to vaping, so dump the Blu. Personally, I use organic nicotine and mix diy, but if you can't or if you are not ready to diy, I would get a system where I could choose my eliquid from a cleaner source.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    blu vape pen
    Welcome and glad you joined.
    You have posted in the new members forum, you are limited to the number of post in this forum.
    re: New Members - "How many posts do I need to..."
    In the future, you might want to re post in the ECF forum most closely representing Vape Pod Systems, suggest re posting in:
    Vape Pod Systems
    Often times,you may receive more knowledgeable/germane/extensive information from the membership in the above/appropriate forum.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Hi all I'm new to this forum. A question I would like to ask is I use a blu vape pen and have developed this cough. Now I had covid bad in march and April and abit paranoid about coughing. The cough comes in waves and is thickly at the back of my throat. My throat also tickles as well. I have been chain vaping recently as well. I use blu tobacco flavoured liquid. I also have a lump feeling in the back of my throat. Hope someone can advise thanks.

Hi Alex1987. Welcome to the ECF.

IIRC, Blu e-Liquids have a High Percentage of PG. So your Cough may have to do with the amount of PG and Chain Vaping.

If Possible, I would suggest trying a Higher VG e-Liquid, like maybe 70% or 75% VG, and see if that Helps.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Yep if you are not gone from this forum, go to a doctor.

I don't really trust proprietary devices with prefilled stuff in them made by the tobacco companies in any case. Who knows what "small" amounts of additives and whatnot are in there.

Hate to say it but this is where a couple months off and using pharmaceutical nicotine products like lozenges or gum come in. They are at least somewhat regulated.

Then, you'd have to do the vape version of the allergy elimination diet which I am not going to outline at this point.

Anna

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread