Blu Starter Kit Dry Hit/Non-firing Problem and Solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoshuaZ

Aug 27, 2018
I just stumbled upon what seems to be an issue with the starter kit pod systems by Blu. Now I want to state this before hand, I love my Blu but I also love my mod; Blu is convenient and subtle, whereas my mod is ample and smooth.

My Problem:
The issue I have likely stems from my hot climate, and constantly going in and out of AC'd buildings. A rapid change in temperature will make any tank leak, but especially so with these Blu's from what I have noticed. So far I have only experienced dry hits and failure to fire when puffing from the Intense pods. However, I am almost positive it will occur on any of the original pod flavors.

My solution:
When I took off my pod from the battery unit I observed liquid on both the battery unit and pods contacts. Now I don't know about you, but I would think the liquid is causing some kind of short preventing the unit from working properly. Therefore, I took a q-tip and a cloth to absorb the excess e-liquid. Sure enough the unit now is working as it should without the god awful dry hitting or failure to fire.

Bookworm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
USA
This doesn’t help with dry hits in my experience, but it totally works when my batteries don’t fire and blink blue instead. A quick wipe of the contacts on the battery and pod and they work again right away.

I only have two pods that give me any dry hits at all, and they seem to do it no matter what. So I just don’t use those two.

Reactions: stols001

Bookworm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
USA
Well if that solution works for you without it being frequent enough to be annoying, I'm glad you found the solution-- for you. I don't have a juul so I can't really comment but some pods are known for this kind of issue generally, although I'm not 100% sure it's climate related. I guess it could be.

Good luck,
Anna

OP isn’t referencing the Juul, it’s the My Blu Kit (the one that has been selling for $1). But I also don’t think it’s climate related. I’ve been using these in the extreme heat that is Florida summertime, and I haven’t been experiencing much leaking, even at the beach or poolside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread