Blu's Working OK

Status
Not open for further replies.

VapoKev

Mar 18, 2014
Illinois, USA
I jumped right in and bought a Blu Premium starter kit and a bunch of cartomizers before I had done any reading or learning about vaping and before I discovered this forum. If I were starting over, I take the money I've spent and set myself up with a more advanced kit. However, I'm trying to make the best of my decision, and I'm using what I've already bought before spending more to upgrade. Fortunately, I haven't had any of the problems with Blu that others have run into. Everything is working as advertised so it's OK. And I'm enjoying it. On the other hand, every time I change a battery and/or cart part way through the day I'm reminded that there's a better setup waiting for me. Also, going through a couple of carts a day costs about the same as a pack of analogs around here. So, Blu is definitely not the most economical way to vape.

Hill

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2013
Texas USA
I did the exact same thing lol. The Blus were OK like you said but I didn't regret upgrading the difference is well worth it (nowadays I'm sporting a Provari with an AGA-T2). I think I still have some old Blu cartos around here somewhere:). If its within your budget I would suggest an upgrade if I remember right I think those Blu carts will fit most 510 stuff.

VapoKev

Mar 18, 2014
Illinois, USA
What do Blu claim to offer? 250 puffs from a high strength carto with 16mg liquid?

That's the claim in their FAQs. However, I started with Blu disposables, which lasted me more than two days each. They claim 400 puffs for those. The carts don't last me a day, so I would say they provide fewer than half the puffs of the disposables. I haven't counted, though.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
That's the claim in their FAQs. However, I started with Blu disposables, which lasted me more than two days each. They claim 400 puffs for those. The carts don't last me a day, so I would say they provide fewer than half the puffs of the disposables. I haven't counted, though.

Thank you. You may wonder where I'm coming from on this, but in the UK "fake" claims are a real problem.
I like to have a picture of the scene elsewhere.

:)

Buggainok

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2014
oklahoma city ok usa
I jumped right in and bought a Blu Premium starter kit and a bunch of cartomizers before I had done any reading or learning about vaping and before I discovered this forum. If I were starting over, I take the money I've spent and set myself up with a more advanced kit. However, I'm trying to make the best of my decision, and I'm using what I've already bought before spending more to upgrade. Fortunately, I haven't had any of the problems with Blu that others have run into. Everything is working as advertised so it's OK. And I'm enjoying it. On the other hand, every time I change a battery and/or cart part way through the day I'm reminded that there's a better setup waiting for me. Also, going through a couple of carts a day costs about the same as a pack of analogs around here. So, Blu is definitely not the most economical way to vape.

I started with that same Blu kit, and it worked well for me, too. It let me know that the e cigarette concept might actually allow me to stop smoking, so I am very grateful for that. Like you, I quickly realized that buying the cartridges would get pretty expensive, as I had been smoking up to a couple of packs a day of cigarettes.

I also didn't like the short battery life since I was a heavy user. I felt like I spent all my time plugging and unplugging the batteries to be sure they were charged up and ready.

If you decide to upgrade, here is what I ordered to replace the Blu. It's a Kanger Evod starter kit, and comes with everything you need except the juice. You get two batteries, two toppers and a charger. The ego batteries are not huge, about the size of a Sharpie marker when you have the clearomizer on them. I didn't have any trouble adjusting to the size, compared to the Blu's.

This is a reliable vendor, and if you use the code ECF at checkout, you get 10% off, making the kit about $30, which I think is a really good price:

Kanger EVOD eGo Full Kit - Vaping Me

VapoKev

Mar 18, 2014
Illinois, USA
Something like the Kanger EVOD kit or perhaps the Halo Triton is the kind of thing I have in mind for upgrading to. But I'm going to take my time and get more acquainted with the options before making a decision or spending more money. Not that either of those options would break the bank. But I may as well take advantage of what I've already purchased.

As for puff count, I've found that review videos where the reviewer has taken the time to put the product through its paces will give one a better idea about what to expect in terms of the length of a battery charge or the output of a carto than the product website.

luke213

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2014
Up
I've gone down the same road other than using the basic pack which has smaller batteries and carts. Though I don't mind the battery life typically mine in the pack is charged before I kill the one I'm using. The carts though I had the same issues with not lasting, tried refilling which isn't bad but not great. Now I'm running a 510 atomizer stock ohm rating with blanks cartridges (not cartomizers) and I'm getting a cheaper better vape. The cartridges fit in my pcc though the assembled cig doesn't so I carry it typically in my pocket. But overall I like it small lightweight and does as well as my ego for vapor and throat hit or very close.

Luke

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk

realsis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2014
California
I did the exact same thing as you. I bought the bus and lots of cartridges. I got so frustrated at the lack of vapor! I inhaled so hard I gave myself a sore throat! I wasn't able to get that throat hit like with cigarettes. I kept smoking. I thought there has to be a better way! I went to my local cig shop and explained I was looking for vapor and that throat hit. He set me up with a vaporizer and I haven't touched a cigarette in four days! I have no cravings no misery and I absolutely love to vape! My smell has came back, my cough has left and I'm not wheezing any more! I say do what it takes to quit for you.if your not satisfied with the blues you can get a decent starter vaporizer for about 20 dollars. The end juice is 6 dollars that's half the price of those cartridges! Do what it takes for you to be comfortable and successful in quitting.i can honestly say these vaporizers are absolutely wonderful!! For me that's Exactly what I needed to become successful and not constantly frusterated! The battery lasts all day and the vapor is consistant. Not to mention all the great flavors!! I just wanted to share my story with you and let you know you don't have to be frustrated . Do what is best for you to make you comfortable and free from cravings! If that's getting a vaporizer than do it! It really made all the difference in the world for me!! I wish you the very best!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread