Boba's Bounty: Not Another Rant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hippieangst

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Statesboro, GA
This is not a rant about why in the heck is AVE not open again, again, again, again... I now have in my possession, my first little sampler of the illusive Boba's Bounty from AVE (yes, the real thing, baby) that I got through a trade of a trade. I have to admit that getting this on the figurative black market is really awesome.

I started vaping a couple months ago, so this drama with AVE is new to me and kind of came out of left field.

First impressions on the bouquet (sorry, snob alert; I used to be into wine tasting when I was a waiter at higher-end restaurants; now, I'm good with a cold beer and pizza): it's interesting. It smells of graham cracker for sure. It smells like it is going to be an interesting vape. I mean, there's so much hype surrounding this juice. It's supposed to be the nectar of the gods or something.

Disclaimer: taste is subjective, and opinions / interpretations are like ***. Yeah, we've all got them.

First vapes: Okay, there's layers of flavor. I'll give it that for sure. I'm getting some complexity: tones of earthiness (the tobacco), toasted notes (the graham cracker), and a sweetness (tastes like honey).

Bottom line: I'm not seeing what all the fuss is about. It's a little sweet for my tastes. Interesting, but I don't think this could be an AEDV (all day / every day vape) for me. I give it merit for being one of the more complex flavors I've ever tried. I give it merit for the affordability (when RARELY available).

Okay, ECF'ers...have at it...

MsComptrtchr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Tucson, it's a dry heat
I also get chocolate and raisin (someone once said it tasted like Raisinets, others say Honey Nut Cheerios). I dunno what the big deal is either - there are plenty of great juices out there just WAITING to be ordered :)

::::Images of misfit juices with sad faces on the bottles::: "This is the la-nd of misfit juice . . . " (ala Rudolph.) :D

unloaded

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
SW. Indiana
Be careful with that Boba's its like CrAcK! You'll try it again in a few days and think "Hmmm, that's better than I remembered." And the it will be "OMG! This stuff is awesome!..... Where'd all the juice go in my sample bottle!?!?" "What do they mean they are CLOSED, ...?" "How do I get verified????" "What's taking them sooooo long to verify me??????" "WTT: Kidney or First Born for BB!!!!!!!!!"

You've been warned.

Hippieangst

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Statesboro, GA
Be careful with that Boba's its like CrAcK! You'll try it again in a few days and think "Hmmm, that's better than I remembered." And the it will be "OMG! This stuff is awesome!..... Where'd all the juice go in my sample bottle!?!?" "What do they mean they are CLOSED, ...?" "How do I get verified????" "What's taking them sooooo long to verify me??????" "WTT: Kidney or First Born for BB!!!!!!!!!"

You've been warned.

You might be right...it may grow on me. This is only my first day with it. It did come steeped, so I feel like I'm getting the right experience. I did, however, sneak in an order the other night when they were open for like 20 minutes, so I have a large amount coming my way. Good thing that I am verified, and the process didn't take too long, but I wasn't in dire need of anything from the classies at the time. Vape on, friend, vape on.

mdbsat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2013
San Antonio
I hate all of the hype and people getting SO touchy about this juice BUT as someone who has had the juice for 4 days I can say that it is awesome. I will buy more whenever it is available. There are too many great juices out there to be too upset about it. People that complain about never being able to get it and going on rants about it crack me up. Just get a different juice...

Hippieangst

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Statesboro, GA
I hate all of the hype and people getting SO touchy about this juice BUT as someone who has had the juice for 4 days I can say that it is awesome. I will buy more whenever it is available. There are too many great juices out there to be too upset about it. People that complain about never being able to get it and going on rants about it crack me up. Just get a different juice...

My thoughts too! Yeah, it's tasty and all, but I also know how particular folks can be... Most of us came from smoking analogs and would only smoke one kind ta boot. I was usually a bit bummed if I couldn't find my brand (American Spirit, which is relatively available but not widely available).

Hippieangst

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Statesboro, GA
Minor update on my relationship with BB...the sweetness did mellow out a bit after some steeping, which definitely improved my perception of the juice. However, the flavor doesn't haunt me when I don't bring it with me to work or while out and about. I will give it this though...it's pretty tasty with a darker, amber lager like Yuengling's Black and Tan.

Cyia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2010
Independence, Missouri
I think they took it off the site cause they literally might not have anymore supplies for it. Just my guess though. I somehow managed to snag a 30ml bottle of it my self so just waiting for it to get here.

And now that I think on it >> friend of mine got 100mls recently of the stuff.. maybe he sold them out LOL

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
I agree, I dismissed Boba's at first, too. It was just "meh". But then I ordered my own bottle, and that's all she wrote. 15 mLs, gone within 12 hours. I kid you not. It is a brain bug juice. It somehow burrows into your brain and takes hold. I never, EVER thought I'd stalk a juice vendor this way, but I do. My 5F key hates me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread