The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

bobas lost its flavor

Discussion in 'Alien Visions E-Juice' started by ime5000, Sep 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ime5000

ime5000 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 15, 2011
    maryland
    ok, not really sure whats going on or if this is normal, but ive been vaping bobas, and it seems to have lost its flavor, it was only a 18ml bottle, and it seems if i drip it on a 510 atty, i get 1 good hit of flavor and then it dissapears, ive tried it on several attys and even in a carto, and its all he same...i thought maybe it was my taste buds, but i can taste other flavors just fine, the vapor production and throat hit is good for a while, just flavor goes away, any suggestions? am i doing something wrong? seems to do the same thing with my gorilla juice too.

2. tybin

tybin ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 17, 2010
    WA
    hmmm. well i find that if i vape one juice constantly, i can't taste it after awhile. maybe set it aside for a week and revisit?

3. LegioX

LegioX Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 3, 2011
    New York
    Only thing I know is that the flavorings in the bottle float to the top I believe, so if you don't shake it like hell you won't get a well balanced drop of e-liquid.

4. ime5000

Aug 15, 2011
    maryland
    i prolly ruined it i never shook it up in the beginning, so now im gettin really dull flavor, i tried setting it aside for a week, and came back, had the same thing

5. cw007

cw007 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jul 28, 2011
    Ohio
    I just got my first order from ave on thursday last week. So far tried all my flavors I got but bobas is a little dull to me too. I am going to let it steep for two weeks see if thats works and I got the 18ml too of it. I keep u updated.

6. ime5000

Aug 15, 2011
    maryland
    when i first got it it tasted great, vaped it on and off for a week, then took a break so i didnt over do it, so i dunno, i just ordered a 30ml bottle, maybe its just my attys, i got some new attys and stuff on the way too

7. Ping

Ping Full Member Verified Member

Jun 29, 2011
    South Dakota
    I have the same problem, but for me it is because I vape it constantly. After a couple days it's still good but not as flavorful. I usually set it aside for a couple days and vape something else then come back to it's full flavor goodness.

8. Sedateme

Sedateme Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 9, 2011
    Bismarck, ND
    I've got the same problem. I get 0 flavor from my boba's. I'm starting to think all the flavor was at the top, and of course I never shook the bottle. Don't they always say NEVER SHAKE A BOBA?

9. the.vapyre

the.vapyre Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 19, 2010
    Houston, Texas
    Stop vaping it. Newly mixed juices need to steep for about a week. If you keep vaping on it, you will burn off the flavor concentrate and will be left with a weak-flavored base. VG based juices are thick so the flavor concentrate needs time to permeate the VG. Shake it up on a regular basis to speed up the steeping progress. If you did this already and it is still weak, confront tne maker because some of them are trying to cut back for cost. Let it be known to any juice maker, if you come out with a juice that becomes a successful and popular flavor, don't screw with the recipe! You will lose customers in a heartbeat and probably not get repeat business!

10. cw007

cw007 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jul 28, 2011
    Ohio

Dang I hope I didn't already vape too much of it the gorilla juice I noticed is doin it too can't taste the banana only used proubly 30-40 drops just the 18mls and 12mls

11. Levitas

Levitas Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 2, 2011
    Saint Louis
    Yeah, I highly doubt Ben is skeeting on the flavoring...

I do not steep or shake my bottles and it always tastes just fine. Better than fine, it tastes fantastic. I vape Boba's all day long, every day of the week, and I have zero issues with the taste.

When I brush my teeth, or vape another flavor for a minute, I can fully taste Boba's in all of its glory. But, even when vaping it and only it all day, I can still taste its deliciousness.

Nearly everyone goes through a taste phase. It is known that your taste cells die and come back, within weeks at a time. I'm not saying that the other advice is moot, I am just saying that I never heeded such and it still tastes fantastic to me. Ymmv.

12. ime5000

Aug 15, 2011
    maryland
    mine has sat around a while and stuff, i think i got a little vape happy when i first got it, cuz it was super strong when i first got it, im impatient so i need to learn to steep or at least shake the bottle up before each use!thats what im banking on, i ordered a 30ml replacement (only had a 18ml before) so im going to let this one sit for a bit, i got a bunch of other flavors coming too

13. ime5000

Aug 15, 2011
    maryland
    mine has definatly lost its flavor, i got another bottle coming....let this be a warning! shake your liquid befor eyou use it!! i should have known this, oh well, good thing it was a 12 ml bottle not a big one

14. djbishybish

djbishybish Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 13, 2011
    Kansas
    Same thing happened to me with my first samplers of Hype and Sweet Tart. Now I shake like hell every bottle before I drip anything and have no more problems.

15. ime5000

Aug 15, 2011
    maryland
    i thought it was my taste buds, i had burned them at one time, so i know what that is like
    , im not saying he skimped on flavor or anything like that, im sure its because i didnt shake it up, ive tried new atty a carto, i let it sit for a week without vaping it, everythign it just isnt like it was in the beginning, so only thing i can guess is i vaped the flavor the 1st couple days, i did vape the hell out of it then, i should have a 30 ml bottle of it coming in tomorrow, so its not like i dont reccomend them at all, i love their juice, i just gotta remember to shake it up!

16. ime5000

Aug 15, 2011
    maryland
    Bobas back! got my 30ml in today, made sure to try a fresh atty, and its just like it was, im just remembering to shake the bottle, i also mixed the old sutff in with the new, so it did go to waste, only had like 6-8 ml left, oh how im so happy i have bobas back!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.