Status
Not open for further replies.

ime5000

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
maryland
ok, not really sure whats going on or if this is normal, but ive been vaping bobas, and it seems to have lost its flavor, it was only a 18ml bottle, and it seems if i drip it on a 510 atty, i get 1 good hit of flavor and then it dissapears, ive tried it on several attys and even in a carto, and its all he same...i thought maybe it was my taste buds, but i can taste other flavors just fine, the vapor production and throat hit is good for a while, just flavor goes away, any suggestions? am i doing something wrong? seems to do the same thing with my gorilla juice too.

LegioX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2011
New York
ok, not really sure whats going on or if this is normal, but ive been vaping bobas, and it seems to have lost its flavor, it was only a 18ml bottle, and it seems if i drip it on a 510 atty, i get 1 good hit of flavor and then it dissapears, ive tried it on several attys and even in a carto, and its all he same...i thought maybe it was my taste buds, but i can taste other flavors just fine, the vapor production and throat hit is good for a while, just flavor goes away, any suggestions? am i doing something wrong? seems to do the same thing with my gorilla juice too.

Only thing I know is that the flavorings in the bottle float to the top I believe, so if you don't shake it like hell you won't get a well balanced drop of e-liquid.

the.vapyre

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2010
Houston, Texas
Stop vaping it. Newly mixed juices need to steep for about a week. If you keep vaping on it, you will burn off the flavor concentrate and will be left with a weak-flavored base. VG based juices are thick so the flavor concentrate needs time to permeate the VG. Shake it up on a regular basis to speed up the steeping progress. If you did this already and it is still weak, confront tne maker because some of them are trying to cut back for cost. Let it be known to any juice maker, if you come out with a juice that becomes a successful and popular flavor, don't screw with the recipe! You will lose customers in a heartbeat and probably not get repeat business!

cw007

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Ohio
Stop vaping it. Newly mixed juices need to steep for about a week. If you keep vaping on it, you will burn off the flavor concentrate and will be left with a weak-flavored base. VG based juices are thick so the flavor concentrate needs time to permeate the VG. Shake it up on a regular basis to speed up the steeping progress. If you did this already and it is still weak, confront tne maker because some of them are trying to cut back for cost. Let it be known to any juice maker, if you come out with a juice that becomes a successful and popular flavor, don't screw with the recipe! You will lose customers in a heartbeat and probably not get repeat business!

Dang I hope I didn't already vape too much of it the gorilla juice I noticed is doin it too can't taste the banana only used proubly 30-40 drops just the 18mls and 12mls

Levitas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis
Let it be known to any juice maker, if you come out with a juice that becomes a successful and popular flavor, don't screw with the recipe! You will lose customers in a heartbeat and probably not get repeat business!

Yeah, I highly doubt Ben is skeeting on the flavoring...

I do not steep or shake my bottles and it always tastes just fine. Better than fine, it tastes fantastic. I vape Boba's all day long, every day of the week, and I have zero issues with the taste.

When I brush my teeth, or vape another flavor for a minute, I can fully taste Boba's in all of its glory. But, even when vaping it and only it all day, I can still taste its deliciousness.

Nearly everyone goes through a taste phase. It is known that your taste cells die and come back, within weeks at a time. I'm not saying that the other advice is moot, I am just saying that I never heeded such and it still tastes fantastic to me. Ymmv.

ime5000

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
maryland

mine has sat around a while and stuff, i think i got a little vape happy when i first got it, cuz it was super strong when i first got it, im impatient so i need to learn to steep or at least shake the bottle up before each use!thats what im banking on, i ordered a 30ml replacement (only had a 18ml before) so im going to let this one sit for a bit, i got a bunch of other flavors coming too

djbishybish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2011
Kansas
mine has definatly lost its flavor, i got another bottle coming....let this be a warning! shake your liquid befor eyou use it!! i should have known this, oh well, good thing it was a 12 ml bottle not a big one

Same thing happened to me with my first samplers of Hype and Sweet Tart. Now I shake like hell every bottle before I drip anything and have no more problems.

ime5000

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
maryland
i thought it was my taste buds, i had burned them at one time, so i know what that is like
, im not saying he skimped on flavor or anything like that, im sure its because i didnt shake it up, ive tried new atty a carto, i let it sit for a week without vaping it, everythign it just isnt like it was in the beginning, so only thing i can guess is i vaped the flavor the 1st couple days, i did vape the hell out of it then, i should have a 30 ml bottle of it coming in tomorrow, so its not like i dont reccomend them at all, i love their juice, i just gotta remember to shake it up!

Yeah, I highly doubt Ben is skeeting on the flavoring...

I do not steep or shake my bottles and it always tastes just fine. Better than fine, it tastes fantastic. I vape Boba's all day long, every day of the week, and I have zero issues with the taste.

When I brush my teeth, or vape another flavor for a minute, I can fully taste Boba's in all of its glory. But, even when vaping it and only it all day, I can still taste its deliciousness.

Nearly everyone goes through a taste phase. It is known that your taste cells die and come back, within weeks at a time. I'm not saying that the other advice is moot, I am just saying that I never heeded such and it still tastes fantastic to me. Ymmv.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread