boge 510 lr cartos..

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrrunon

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2009
Orange County, CA
the threads here are too many, so i couldn't really find the answers relevant to my questions..

how long does the boge 510 lr carto last before there's too much residue/gunk? it seems like i can only get 1 ML (realistically, not even) before i have to clean the carto again.

i'm not really sure whether i'm burning through all the juice before the carto is no longer any good.

how many MLs do you go through per day?

Last edited:

Cronus6

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2011
Florida
I'm getting more than a week out of mine (I've never bothered to clean one yet honestly). Probably 50mls or so I'd guess.

I can easily put a 10ml bottle through one with no noticeable degradation.

I have one that I've been using for over 3 weeks now. Probably 100+mls of a lightly colored menthol.

The draw does get "tighter" as the days go on, but they continue to work.

Everything AttyPops asked needs answered, so we can help you better.

Additionally, how are you filling the for the first time?

mrrunon

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2009
Orange County, CA
- using the 510 boge carto.. so the riva/ego 510 (i believe they are the same). the battery is 1100 mAh.
- i'm not sure what the ratio of the juice is. it's shown on the website i got it from or the bottle.
- i've been using the clove and wensten juice, since it's 2 years old and needs to be used up first.
- i'm using a syringe the fill the carto.

thanks for the help.

Last edited:

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
Thoughts:

1) Two year old juice... may be the issue. Is there an expired-on date? I've never vaped 2yo pre-mixed. IDK.
2) When you fill, make sure it gets all the way to the bottom even if some comes out the threads. Just wipe it clean.
3) Try adding a drop or two of water. Not much. Also could use some PG if you have it.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong on this, Rivas are full 3.7 volts (not sure)???? LR (1.5 ohm LR) may be a bit hot at full 3.7. A small chance you are melting filler and it isn't wicking properly. Make sure it stays wet and give it a chance to wick between vapes.

IDK if I'd vape it or not. Are you sitting on a ton of it or something?

Good Luck. Hope other Riva users can comment here.

Cronus6

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2011
Florida
My understanding is "current" Rivas are 750mAh at 3.7v (but fall off rather fast.) I dunno about 2 year old ones (if that's how old it is) I'm too much of a noob for that. :)

I use Boge LR which are rated at 2 ohm* and they work fine. The standard res ones should be equally fine (never used them, I'm a LR kinda guy)

I'm betting the juice is all yuck-ified.

*I guess Boge LR are "officially" rated at : 1.8-2.0

Last edited:

mrrunon

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2009
Orange County, CA
no, actually the juice still seems pretty good. the wensten is about 2 weeks old, but for some reason it gives me a bad taste in the mouth. yeah rivas are 3.7 volts.

still have about 10 ML left on the clove (the old juice). if the taste were bad, i'd dump it. but i decided i'm going to "waste" the clove juice while learning the ropes.

the expiration date says 7/19/2011, so it's right about now that it would no longer be fresh... but then again, that might just be an arbitrary number.

Last edited:

Cronus6

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2011
Florida
Try some fresh, different juice in a brand new carto. Stick with something PG based (for now). Maybe something menthol.

I think you have one crappy juice, and one that has gone "over the hill". That's my guess at this point.

Honestly you "shouldn't" be having these issues. It's gotta be the juice.

I did have 1 bad Boge Carto... something burning inside of it. You really couldn't mistake the smoke it was producing for vapor.
It was horrible and it "smoked". Not vapor, but smoke.
So there ARE "bad" ones out there. The other 4 in the box were fine though.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
OK, so it doesn't sound like a hardware issue. In other words, per above, that combo should work. Just make sure it is real wet and stays that way. You can vape them too fast and melt filler. Thinner juices wick to the coil better. Try the thinning thing with a few drops of PG or water. Use a new carto and the wensten juice like Cronus6 said. Bad taste? Like burnt juice? Burnt filler? or like you don't enjoy the flavor?

BTW... I have cartos I use for driving... but they taste just a little bit "off" to me... so I usually drip. So, I assume that it's not carto taste that is bothering you. It's very slight. Bad taste.... gotta be burnt juice or filler. Take one apart and see if the fluff is melted or the coil looks like it has melted gunk.

Last edited:

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
I believer even current riva trails off pretty fast.

Boge 2 ohm I would run 4-5 days on a riva, 12-15 ml liquid, before clean or toss.

On my mod, boge 3.4 ohm, I run about 22 - 24 ml (4 days), too. At higher voltage I use about 2x the liquid compared to riva. This includes vaping anything up to 0pg (pretty thick) though I tend towards less sweet, clearer, liquids.

Keep the carto wet, top off whenever you get less flavor or vapor.

mrrunon

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2009
Orange County, CA
so i just overfilled my carto and saw a big gunk of darkened juice fell out of the bottom.. is the polyfiber burning? after that gunk went out, the vape was good again. maybe i need to let the e-cig cool down a bit more.

this clove flavor is probably the best ouf all the juices i have too.. it tastes really good.

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
.......so do you guys think that burnt black gunk/tar is the juice or the polyfiber?

It's been a while since I've had any clove but as I remember, it was a deep amber color. Heat tends to darken juices but I wouldn't think it would be black. I'm guessing the poly is singed. The only way to know for sure is wait until you're satisfied it's time to toss it and take a tweezer or needle nose pliers and pull out the polyfiber.

mrrunon

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2009
Orange County, CA
i notice the crackling sound when i vape with the clove juice, but not with other juices. i guess it's causing the polyfiber to burn. i wonder why though?

i think i've burned through so much polyfiber that it's melted everything at the bottom, and there's nothing left to burn. maybe that's why the juice leaks so much.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
Even clear juice will get dark like that in a carto... or an atty, for that matter. When I blow out an atty I've been dripping for a couple of days, whatever juice I was using looks like motor oil 8 thousand miles past when it should have been changed. Cartos are the same, but I seldom clean them. I just toss them when they start to taste funky.

One thing I will do with the boge 2.0 ohm cartos when they start losing performance or start getting that slightly-off taste is hit them with a little more voltage. My ni-mh batts drive a 2.0 ohm boge at around 4.3/4.4 or so loaded volts. Vaping them at a slightly higher voltage brings them back to life for a day or two.

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
I've had LR Boge's last me weeks on end. I vape 6-7ml's a day. I clean them when they start to taste yucky or the draw starts getting hard. I clean them by boiling in water then I put them in my ultrasonice jewelry cleaners for several cycles. After all of that, sling as much water out of them as you can. Then I load them into a food dehydrator (top circulation fan type) turn on high and leave for 12 hours. Refill and go. I keep doind this until the carto stops making its popping noises at me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread