Using Boge LR cartos on slim 510

Status
Not open for further replies.

chess77

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2011
Pennsylvania
I have a slim 510 set that I had originally purchased before I got my K-Go and E-Go. I never tried using a cartomizer on it, just the atty and the prefilled carts that came with it and realized right away that I needed more power. Since it is a 510 connector, can I use my Boge cartomizers on it or are the LR cartos too powerful for that style battery??? I hate to let this PV go to waste, but it has just been sitting collecting dust!

madjack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2011
Central Louisiana
...it doesn't have to do with voltage...it has to do with amperage available...the slimline units do not have enough amps to run LR gear properly...not only will it drain them fast BUT, the electronics are not meant to handle the amp draw...for slimline, ciggy sized units, stick with cartos with 2.5ohms or higher............
madjack:2cool:

chess77

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2011
Pennsylvania
...it doesn't have to do with voltage...it has to do with amperage available...the slimline units do not have enough amps to run LR gear properly...not only will it drain them fast BUT, the electronics are not meant to handle the amp draw...for slimline, ciggy sized units, stick with cartos with 2.5ohms or higher............
madjack:2cool:

Thanks Madjack! I only have 2.0 ones here that I normally use, so i guess I will have to get some other ones if I want to use this thing! I guess it's always nice to have in a pinch!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread