BOGE Cartomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andyhrn

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2011
TX
BOGE 510D (regular) on eGo (sealed) 750mHA battery w/usb path-trough.
Filled using a "condom" method (and some top-ups later). First one burned down after a few puffs.
Took it apart and found out that plastic isolation tube has a big burned hole in it and dark spots where contact with a wire been made. The filling is well saturated. The next one stop performed after a short time (the same like OP described). I careful pulled out the filler (full of juice,btw) and tried to fire up the cartomizer w/o it. No visible vapor at all!!! But it gets hot. Installed drip tip and make one hard puff. Nice vapor. Inserted blue foam and soak it with a couple drops. Fired up again and no vapor. Made a hard puff and here is some vapor. But it's a "cold" vapor.
Point is the heating element is too weak and deteriorated too fast. Plus the element is in a vertical position and heats up only the bottom of the cartomizer and nothing gets the heat on top.

Last edited:

H Niemand

ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2011
Philly PA
Thanks. I think I'll go with Joye cartomizers next. The BOGE ones are performing a little better on their second fill but I found I can't use them with the cone on my brand new, I love the thing, Totally Wicked Tornado. They work okay with the cone off.
BTW, the Blu carts fill great. I just hate the contact paper they are wrapped in. I keep chewing it off!!

Andyhrn

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2011
TX
Thanks. I think I'll go with Joye cartomizers next. The BOGE ones are performing a little better on their second fill but I found I can't use them with the cone on my brand new, I love the thing, Totally Wicked Tornado. They work okay with the cone off.
BTW, the Blu carts fill great. I just hate the contact paper they are wrapped in. I keep chewing it off!!
Yes I agree with you. I have eGO w/cone and the 510 is too short for it. I always touch the cone with lips. I don't know why sellers says BOGE 510 is compatible w/eGO but they are not. The cartomizer loosing a bit of it's suction power (too much airflow) w/cone off.
Thanks for noticing that (short tip) because I thought I have a defective cartomizers.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
The cones were designed to fit over atomizers. If you use a carto, you have two options: 1) modify a cone by sanding off about 1/8" of the narrow end of the cone (or use a power tool if you're handy), or 2) buy a cone that was designed for cartomizer use, the 901 cone (available at Liberty Flights.)

Boge cartos come in different ohm ratings. The 3.0Ω ones are best for passthroughs, the 2.0Ω cartos work best on eGo batteries.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
True Katya....my cartos have no wrappers....so no impedements... ;)

I'm not going there, dear....
images

Andyhrn

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2011
TX
The cones were designed to fit over atomizers. If you use a carto, you have two options: 1) modify a cone by sanding off about 1/8" of the narrow end of the cone (or use a power tool if you're handy), or 2) buy a cone that was designed for cartomizer use, the 901 cone (available at Liberty Flights.)

Boge cartos come in different ohm ratings. The 3.0Ω ones are best for passthroughs, the 2.0Ω cartos work best on eGo batteries.

Thanks for the advice but honestly I don't want to mess with the cone or buy smth I'm not going to use for a long time.
My battery is eGO 750mHA with build-in passtrough so it should works with both type of cartomizers.

-iD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2010
Midwest US
I get the stainless steel 2 ohm from nhaler they work perfect with the cone! It's the stupid black sticker that makes black ones too tight. And the stainless steels seem to last longer on ego type batteries. Cartos on my Darwin however only last 3 days max.
the stupid black sticker peels right off of the Boges and you're left with a brushed steel standard 510 diameter carto that works perfectly with the cone as purchased. looks perfect if you have a steel finish batt and cone, and mostly hides if your pv is black.

as mentioned, LF's 901 cone is shorter and wider diameter opening so it works perfectly with wrapped cartos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread