Boge F16 dry issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

media

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2010
Atlanta
I have been using a Boge F16 carto tank in recent months exclusively. When they work, they work extremely well. I have used the same carto for two weeks without issue. Recently, I am finding they are extremely hit or miss. Like 50/50, which are not good odds. I will prime the carto by adding 4 drops at a time to each "corner" of the carto, drop, 1/4 turn, drop 1/4 turn, etc until juice comes out of the prepunched holes. I then fill the tank and even let it set overnight. I'll use it the next morning for an hour or so, then I get a nasty dry hit and the carto is forever changed for the worse.

I have tried 50/50, 60/40, 70/30 and I still get the same issue. The juice just doesnt want to wick. These are 2 hole prepunched cartos, so you would think it wouldnt be an issue. I have tried enlarging the holes and adding a 3rd hole and then I just get flooding. I notice the filler in the Boges is much more dense and doesnt absorb like the smoktechs. I stopped using the smoktechs because they flood constantly. it seems like a catch 22 using a carto tank these days. I love the convenience they offer and silica wick systems burn too easily.

What am I doing wrong? Should I just give up on these? They have such a great price and I get them shipped to my house extremely fast. I am hoping it's just an issue with my technique.

Thanks in advance.

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
Boge F16's are my favorite cartos that are readily available (Ikenvape is my favorite, but those are hard to come by). But, as you’re experiencing, they sometimes can be finicky.

Your filling technique sounds good. I usually use a syringe rather than dripping the juice in since I’m impatient. I slip the needle down between the filler and the case and slowly pull back while injecting it with juice. But the dripping in method will accomplish the same goal.

But even with a perfectly primed carto sometimes it won’t start to wick. I keep an eye on a fresh F16 in a tank to make sure I see some bubbles coming out of the punched holes after vaping on it a bit. If none are present, I do a sharp dry hit (draw on it without firing). Repeat until bubbles are seen.

Usually that gets the wicking ball rolling and no problems with further wicking. Once in a while I’ll need to repeat a dry pull a few times on a fresh carto.

Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread