Bohr Hunter Pod Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonmagicvape

Aug 14, 2018
The Hunter pod is the debut pod from Bohr. Bohr were formally in the smartphone industry, with the company entering into the vaping market in 2017. The Hunter pod has an alien face design, and switchable side covers to change up the look.

MVI_0002.MOV.00_06_44_16.Still001.png

Find out more here Hunter Pod

Specs
  • Size 44mm X 89mm X 12.53mm
  • Comes with 2 spare side covers
  • 2ml Capacity and two types of coils
  • Resistance 1.6ohm (cotton) and 1.2ohm (ceramic)
  • 360mAh Battery
  • Wattage range 7-12W
  • Material Zinc-Alloy, Plastic
  • Colours Silver, Gold, Black, Green, Red, Blue, Gradient Blue
MVI_0003.png

The Hunter pod has some interesting design features. Although. it is a similar shape and size to many other pods on the market. The placement of the LED lights gives the Hunter pod a totally unique look. The battery indicator lights are located on the front of the mod to resemble eyes, and the shape of the mod the aliens head. Clever.

The micro usb is located on the side of the pod. Inside is a 360mAh battery that lasts a surprisingly long time. Charging was the average just under an hour. The Hunter has a wattage range of 7-12W although it does not have variable wattage. The wattage will depend upon which coil you are using. Power output and clouds are average, but it does have a little more power than the Smoant S8 and similar pods.

MVI_0002.MOV.00_10_49_23.Still003.png

There are two types of coils available. A 1.6 ohm which uses a small coil and cotton wicking and is best for 12-24mg juices, and a 1.2 ohm ceramic coil for vaping high nicotine salts and CBD. The pods have a 2ml capacity although the capacity doesn’t seem to make the most of the size of the pod. There are small air pockets on each side, I assume this has been designed to keep juice out of your airflow.

One of the cool features of the Hunter is the changeable side covers. You can switch up the look and style with the included cover pieces. I have the gold Hunter pod and it came with the gradient blue side covers. I love this colour because it matches some of my mods perfectly. It’s a nice little touch, but I found them a little tricky to get off. .... you can probably blame that on my weak hands!

MVI_0003.MOV.00_04_11_19.Still001.png

The nicotine salt I was using with the Hunter is a 48mg. I started with the 1.6ohm coil with cotton wicking. I wasn’t getting a great flavour at first, a slightly chemical taste. Flavour was ok after half way through the first filling. Flavour was quite pleasant, but I also found it dropped off fairly quickly.

With the power output of 7W with the 1.6ohm, the Hunter doesn’t seem to go through as much juice as other pods. I charged the pod a couple of times before needing to refill. Using the 1.2ohm ceramic coil with the same nicotine salt provided a much better experience. Flavour was great from the first puff, and I was tasting more of my juice.

MVI_0002.MOV.00_10_36_04.Still002.png

With the ceramic coil you are getting more power from the Hunter, so the clouds are better and the flavour is too. I did notice the ceramic coils gets a little warmer, it seems to vaporise the juice really well. It seems there have been some recent advances with ceramic coils, at least 4 of the pods I’ve reviewed recently have had ceramic coils, and they have all been better than pods I’ve reviewed last year.

Pros
  • If you like aliens, you’ll appreciate the Hunters design. It’s different, I like it.
  • The mouthpiece of the pods is a comfortable tapered shape
  • Being able to change the colour of your pod is going to appeal to many
  • Two types of coils available for your different juices
  • Good battery capacity, it gets you through the day.
MVI_0003.MOV.00_04_41_13.Still002.png

Cons
  • It’s nothing new in terms of features, there are so many pods out there now that offer variable wattage. But, with the two types of coils available at least gives you an option.
  • I find the side covers really hard to remove, there’s nothing to really grip onto.
  • Flavour in the cotton coil wasn’t amazing, it got better with use but dropped off very quickly although the coil is not burnt out.
IMG_0004.png

Bottom Line
Overall the design of the Hunter pod from Bohr is appealing. I like that they’ve thought about the placement of the LED lights and how that related to overall design, but I’d expect that from a company that has been in the smartphone industry. I think it’s a really good concept, but it’s also very similar to other pods in the market. It’s not bad, but I don’t find myself reaching for it over my other pods. The market is flooded with pods at the moment, companies need to start thinking outside the box in terms of features.

Flavour from the ceramic coil was good, I did prefer it to the cotton coil. Again, flavour is nothing special, it’s good but there are better options out there. I would rate it a 6/10 for flavour. In terms of overall performance, it has more power than some of the others if you are using the ceramic coil. Since there’s so many pods now with variable wattages over 15w, anything else feels a little lacking. For those reasons I’d give an overall rating of 6.5/10. New vapers would be more suited to this pod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread