Bolt Mod not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salm12

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2013
Monmouth County, NJ
I bought a bolt mod about a week ago. They sold me an 18650 battery with it, I tried to put in the bt in my car and it seemed too big so I brought it back in and they more less forced it on. It worked great... For about a day. Then I felt it start to get very hot. That shouldn't happen. Come to find out its supposed to take an 18500, I brought it back, tried the 18500 in the store and it worked. I got home and now it doesn't work unless the tank that's on it is only very partially threaded on. Anyone have any thoughts? I'm assuming a possible misfire, but not sure.

beazy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2013
panama city
I'm using mine right now with 2 18350 and a 5 ohm carto. Has been working wonderfully for almost a month now. After reading this thread I got bummed at the thought of mine failing any minute now.

The guys at your shop boned your rig when they forgot the extension ring that makes using the 18650 possible in the bolt mod. You could probably get it replaced at your shop for free if you explained the situation. Its likely they (like most b&m) carry a limited stock and were not even aware of a bolt extension ring.

You can youtube "modding the bolt" and see a video of the guts if you would like to take a stab at fixing it up yourself..

Assuming the spring didn't get warped you could get a replacement switch for about 20 bucks.Chrome Bolt Replacement Switch.

Its cosmetically different.. I think it looks good though. You might have to dig the webs for a matching color.

motelgrim

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2012
Florida
I've posted this elsewhere, but bolts have crummy wires in them. Fortunately, it's an easy matter to fix them.

Get needle nose pliers and pull out the center pin..if you're lucky, it will pull the entire white plug with it.
If not, move the wire and the center pin (that you pulled out) to the side and pull the center white disk/plug out with something. 9 times out of 10 the wire that goes to that center pole is broken.

The easiest way to get at all the wiring is to boil the whole thing until the switch pulls out but you can just solder the center pole back on and vape on and avoid the hassle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread