Status
Not open for further replies.

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
Does the bolt accept the kick? If so that would be a great pricepoint to try VW.

Yes it does, great thing about the bolt is the extensions, with the Kick you can use 1 extension and a 18500, 2 extensions and 18650 or no extension and 18350 although battery life wouldn't be that long in the shortest config. Lots of options though.

Mainspring

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
SoCal
Crystal Clear Vaping will supposedly have an all metal (button included) Bolt coming out sometime this week for $45

"New bolt coming in on next order, very sweet looking I think.

"

that looks really nice.

wasn't digging on the silver body one with black button. just didn't look right.

all metal silver... might have to add that to the collection. digging the look.

Bmays

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Received my Gun-Metal Bolt this afternoon and it looks fantastic. This was ordered so that I would not be carrying around my Orion, and other high dollar devices (why do we buy them if we aren't going to use them?? lol). Anyway, now I have another device that I'm afraid to take on the go as the finish is very nice.

I'm not sure how this type of coating is made or applied? So I'm not sure how durable it will be if it gets knocked and bruised. Maybe someone who knows could enlighten me.

As for the supplier I bought it from (take a guess) the service was second to none. He tossed in a couple strawberry cartos as a "gift". Thank You

I was going to post a picture but really there is no need unless someone wants to see it as its the same as any on the web.

Hottody

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2011
Temcula CA
Funny Bmays...yes I think I know the supplier as the BEAST is getting a good reputation! I'm also not sure about the finsih being applied or made?? Anyway going to have a vape with my coffee this morning. Enjoy Bmays!
Received my Gun-Metal Bolt this afternoon and it looks fantastic. This was ordered so that I would not be carrying around my Orion, and other high dollar devices (why do we buy them if we aren't going to use them?? lol). Anyway, now I have another device that I'm afraid to take on the go as the finish is very nice.

I'm not sure how this type of coating is made or applied? So I'm not sure how durable it will be if it gets knocked and bruised. Maybe someone who knows could enlighten me.

As for the supplier I bought it from (take a guess) the service was second to none. He tossed in a couple strawberry cartos as a "gift". Thank You

I was going to post a picture but really there is no need unless someone wants to see it as its the same as any on the web.

Bmays

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
There are a couple small "imperfections" that were on it right from removing it from the package. These look like small "chips". I was buffin my rear end off trying to remove the spot when i ran my fingernal over it and found it to be recessed in the tube so I knew it was there for good.

This appears to be a coating of sorts. The inside of the tube is covered as well with some that looks like it was sanded off?

Hey, When the SS Bolt comes out I'll prolly be on board!!:)

Nautty1

Verified Member
Jul 28, 2012
brooklyn ohio
its a shame the bolt gun finish looked great but ive had mine for about a month and already starting to lose the finish it seems to be fading away to a dull metal color which dont look horrable but not really what you would expect.ive got the kick on the way and im nervous cause been hearing the wiring inside the bolt needs to be upgraded to thicker wire for the kick to work to its full potential ill let all no when i get it but im nervous my fingers are crossed hoping it works out for me cause you cant beat the price not worried about the color fading either now that wraps are coming out and becoming more popular

echofinder

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2012
Damascus, MD
www.reddit.com
I picked up a gun-metal bolt about a month ago as well; I too have noticed a very rapid wear on the finish. Personally, I am not bothered by this because with the wear & the toil I have subjected this thing to it now looks like an old veteran rifle, and that is awesome. For those who like pristine and shiny things though, I would suggest avoidance of the gun-metal.

RugDoctor

Apr 1, 2012
United States
Bolt has new colors that just came out. Madvapes has some, Anodized colors. Still waiting for my replacement bolt, worked great for 15 puffs out of the package then stopped working. Had to go get shipping material and ship it back to them and now wait a few weeks to get it back, that really pisses me off. The bolt looks awesome and vapes good, I'm just really worried about that quality of the switch now after having mine die in 30 min. after receiving it. I may just break down and buy a silver bullet, they look the same but I know the silver bullet has a better switch.

greekbasil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Bolt has new colors that just came out. Madvapes has some, Anodized colors. Still waiting for my replacement bolt, worked great for 15 puffs out of the package then stopped working. Had to go get shipping material and ship it back to them and now wait a few weeks to get it back, that really pisses me off. The bolt looks awesome and vapes good, I'm just really worried about that quality of the switch now after having mine die in 30 min. after receiving it. I may just break down and buy a silver bullet, they look the same but I know the silver bullet has a better switch.

My friend have you Seen a silver bullet in person? they do NOT look the same! the quality is a hundred fold better than the bolt and it shows.....as is the button.........it literally will last for millions of clicks!! lol

young gotti

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2012
PA

i think the silverbullet is a bit thicker as well...only reason that kept me from really looking into buying one.....but now that i realized i dont' take my bolt out when i go places i kind of wish i had bought a silver bullet......the bolt being smaller i figured would fit in the pocket better which is does but i basically only use it at home

the kick with the bolt however has dramatically increased vaping pleasure over just a 3.7v v mod i had first

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread