Bonehead 510 mod mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayleekay

Feb 21, 2012
texas
So I forgot to bring an extra battery and/or charger with me to work last week. So I ran out to the local vape store and picked up a Trustfire battery and charger. The battery's positive end wasn't long enough to make connection with my assembled 510 box mod from Madvapes. So, what do I do? I try to alter the box mod's terminal to stick out further. I just pushed on it with a tiny screwdriver. It worked! However, when I replaced the Trustfire with an Ultrafire it just pressed the connector down to where it was originally. So, the next time I put my Trustfire in there it didn't make connection. So I pushed on it again.

Fast forward to 4 days later I pressed a little too hard this time, snapped off one of the plastic pieces that hold the connector in, broke the connector completely out of the box mod which also broke the solder, broke one of the plastic rods that hold in the piece that also holds down the on/off switch. I was in the process of bending the connector back into it's true form because it got all bent up like crazy and the arm that runs off of it to the solder point snapped off.

I'm still going to try to soldier it, but I thought I'd share how my Saturday started. Fortunately my GF has an EGOT I can borrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread