bonjour epipe friends!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hirize

Moved On
Mar 19, 2013
france
Hello!
Just to introduce myself... French lad married to english wife, 2 kids, smoking pipe & cigars for 20 years. Just discovered the ecig via a similar french forum...
Now proud owner of freight train steam engine number 13 :) - 1st freight train epipe to cross the ocean! It is big but very beautiful, simple & authentic - I enjoy it a lot.
I also have an italian Sunpipe, which I enjoy a bit less...
Thanks everybody for all the valuable informations read through out the posts!

Attachments

• 13 in paris (5).jpg
    13 in paris (5).jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 39

hirize

Moved On
Mar 19, 2013
france
I a just a newbie in vaping, so my advice is not worth much... Epipe vaping is really a pleasure very close to "actual" pipe smoking. Except the pipe does not get hot, your fingers do not smell, there is no smoke cloud inside the house, and you do not get cancer... I am currently testing many flavors, and it is a pleasure to mix and discover new stuff. I try no nicotine, or very low rate.

The sunpipe (you can find them on italian site "del sole") is very beautiful, all black. It really looks like a "regular" pipe. But there are quality issues, I was delivered a 1st one that was not working at all(electric short), I sent it back and received a 2d that does work, but not 100%: I had to enlarge the air hole below, and I sometimes have trouble with the manual switch (top of the bowl). Del Sole do not open their email box, so I had to call them - Francesca speaks english.

The freight train (freight train mods website) is my favorite. It is much more powerful, with a variable wattage system. The craftsman Sam is very kind and careful. I love the design, so simple. I love the wood. I love the fact that you know you own a unique object - not the same feeling with Sunpipe. But: it is really huge. I see now he makes some with smaller batteries (18350 rather than 18490 like mine).

hirize

Moved On
Mar 19, 2013
france
Bonjour everybody,
just an update, after a few weeks of epipe vaping:
imho freight train is definitely the must - powerful, nice original well-balanced design, marvelous wood, & nicely made.
now sunpipe... well... let's say I use it less.

Also I discover now DYI liquids, not always a success, but I love changing and discovering.

Happy epipe vaping to All!

hirize

Moved On
Mar 19, 2013
france
Bonjour everybody,
imho freight train is definitely the must - powerful, nice original well-balanced design, marvelous wood, & nicely made.

Also I discover now DYI liquids, not always a success, but I love changing and discovering.

DIY liquids I mean :D

JBL-37

Banana's
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Washington State
Bonjour everybody,

Thanks for the update. DIY is lots of fun, I find it very rewarding and tastes great for the most part. :)
I have my block shaped for my home made pipe. Soon as I find some time I'll finish it. Have about 5 projects going ATM.

akramanee

Jun 23, 2012
Southern Thai
Hi everyone, I'm a newbie here from asia. I've been a regular reader here but this is my first posting, i think. Have been vaping for almost 2 years now and now i'm thinking to "diversify" to e-pipe as well. This is the thread i think suitable for new ECF members on e-pipes. I've some DIY e-pipes project ideas and hope I can get advice and can share inputs here. Thanks.

akramanee

Jun 23, 2012
Southern Thai
I made a 1st home-made epipe "zepipe" also... vintage estate pipe s converted to epipe... lots of fun in diy indeed. I admire you as I would be unable to carve the wood myself.

I'm also not a wood carver and doing epipe DIY. I'm trying to use PVC pipes for bowl but will the do the finishing with leather bound to cover the ugly pvc pipes.

Last edited:

akramanee

Jun 23, 2012
Southern Thai
Hi Hirize, that's a really cool looking pipe. I also saw your posting in the "Pipe Talk - all makes, models, and designs" and like your idea on the top button switch using coin. I'm now trying to come out with the "battery + switch unit" first before then try to make the bowl. I'm thinking of building an independent and removable battery+switch unit so that i can pop-in to any pipe bowl. Already have the design and will soon try to build a quick one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread