Not open for further replies.

HecticEnergy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
TX, USA
let me know what works best for you when you find it

sure - I'm a bit odd though - I like a cooler vape with higher ohms (better battery life) so I usually stick with 28ga as it has more resistance than 26ga (heats up faster) but is sturdy enough not to pop or get snapped off by the post screws in most RDAs. 32ga is way too thin and difficult to work with IMO.. and for the coils I build it's a hotter vape than I prefer.
The .45ish ohm coil I put in this morning seems to be doing well. responsive and a clean vape - not too hot.

drmarble

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2014
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
I got a Zenith 2.5 from fasttech but unfortunately the threads didn't mesh with the fatdaddy classic 510 connectors. It was too small and the connector was too large. I got one from Angelcigs. It seems to have better threads.
I drilled out a lower drain hole in the center post. I just used an ~3/64" drill at an angle at the base. That way it fully drains after filling. The stock holes are about 1mm above the deck. It was easy to drill. I didn't even remove it. You need to leave the bottom screw in while drilling or the post can climb up out of the atty and your hole will end up too low (ask me how I know). I might put in a second hole on the other side but I don't want the post to break.
I'm washing it now and plan to build it up in the morning.

Fuzzy Bruce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2014
Fort Liquordale, Fl.
Got mine in six days including a weekend and have to say, these are very oily and had to be cleaned, twice to get the machine oil smell out. Hey, for five bucks a pop, you just can not go wrong. Well, counting shipping, buying four Z's and a couple other things, the cost was really right at seven bucks, Still, can not go wrong.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
So...thanks for the tip.

I'm actually very happy with the Zenith clone. I'm not a "big air" kind of vaper, but occasionally I like to do lung hits and make a cloud, so for $5, I figured why not? Most of my atties are the tiny little ones - I kind of collect those...
(I'm usually on my Chalice. Or a Cyclone. Or the Atomic, or Reactor, or the Divo...)

Anyway - I did a soap wash and vodka soak, and had no machine oil taste.
I replaced the pin with the BF pin with no trouble at all.
I built a dual 29g, 8 wrap for 0.8 ohms. Had a little trouble getting wires in, but I often do. Shiseido wick.

And you know what?

It's hitting quite nicely, decent flavor and vapor.
It's sitting flush on my Reo.
It's not leaky.
Not sure what else I could hope for!??
zenith1_zpsbb1d4f67.jpg

I haven't used the Venturi - that thing is bizarre. It's an RDA but with a Kayfunnish chimney that you turn to adjust airflow.
Little red o-ring that I thought went on top of chimney but won't stay. I gotta go find a video on that one...
img_0593.jpg

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
How is the quality of the Venturi? I've been strongly considering it. I've seen the o-ring placed on the shoulder of the chimney. Seems that it's not necessary, but may snug the chimney from accidently turning and blocking airflow. I plan to mark the edge of the deck and chimney, each in direct relation to the airflow hole(s), so it's not necessary to remove the top cap if the chimney gets mis-aligned. I'm hoping the flavor and vapor lives up to the couple reviews I've come across!

HecticEnergy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
TX, USA
I SWEAR I've seen that before some where...
Oh yeah,, in front of me.. :)
#TeamNoDripTip

IMG_0591.jpg

So...thanks for the tip.

I'm actually very happy with the Zenith clone. I'm not a "big air" kind of vaper, but occasionally I like to do lung hits and make a cloud, so for $5, I figured why not? Most of my atties are the tiny little ones - I kind of collect those...
(I'm usually on my Chalice. Or a Cyclone. Or the Atomic, or Reactor, or the Divo...)

Anyway - I did a soap wash and vodka soak, and had no machine oil taste.
I replaced the pin with the BF pin with no trouble at all.
I built a dual 29g, 8 wrap for 0.8 ohms. Had a little trouble getting wires in, but I often do. Shiseido wick.

And you know what?

It's hitting quite nicely, decent flavor and vapor.
It's sitting flush on my Reo.
It's not leaky.
Not sure what else I could hope for!??
zenith1_zpsbb1d4f67.jpg

/QUOTE]

HecticEnergy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
TX, USA
Are these fairly easy to build on? I'm just learning to build, but am thinking of picking up a couple of them. Maybe one gold and one copper. gonna check out some vids, but they always make it look easier than it is.

Its a standard 3 post atty. the slotted posts are nice for the center post, but make the negative posts a pain. Its a bit of a fog machine.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Sorry - it's still sitting!
Apparently, the trick is to use a drip tip that fits clean through the top-cap hole - then you can hold the chimney/air-flow thing in place while you screw the top cap on. I think you DO want that O-ring in, just to prevent the chimney from turning during normal use and carry... I saw a vid where he said to adjust airflow, you then just loosen the cap a little, turn the drip-tip (which then can turn the chimney) then tighten back up.

I'll probably get to it soon...

How is the quality of the Venturi? I've been strongly considering it. I've seen the o-ring placed on the shoulder of the chimney. Seems that it's not necessary, but may snug the chimney from accidently turning and blocking airflow. I plan to mark the edge of the deck and chimney, each in direct relation to the airflow hole(s), so it's not necessary to remove the top cap if the chimney gets mis-aligned. I'm hoping the flavor and vapor lives up to the couple reviews I've come across!

opensec

Verified Member
Oct 18, 2014
Indiana
Are these fairly easy to build on? I'm just learning to build, but am thinking of picking up a couple of them. Maybe one gold and one copper. gonna check out some vids, but they always make it look easier than it is.
I found the build super easy, room on the deck, and i like the post, positive and negative :)

Fuzzy Bruce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2014
Fort Liquordale, Fl.
Do the angelcigs Zeniths come with the BF 510 pin or does that need to be purchased separately?

I bought four, two were set up for BF and the other two came with the hollow screws to make them BF. Very easy to convert, remove the solid screw and replace with the hollow one. Just need a small straight screwdriver.

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    I bought four, two were set up for BF and the other two came with the hollow screws to make them BF. Very easy to convert, remove the solid screw and replace with the hollow one. Just need a small straight screwdriver.
    It looks like Angelcigs no longer carry the Zenith with the BF. Is there somewhere else to find them?
    Thanks!

drmarble

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 8, 2014
    Oklahoma City, OK, USA
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread