Bottom Feeding Vapemate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rondasherrill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2012
Valhalla
My husband made this for me today, so I am having him write a little tutorial on how to do it, because it works freakin AWESOME! I am sitting here with my Provari, my bottom feeding Vapemate, and a Vapage Hybrid BF atomizer vaping myself into a coma. So, without further adieu...

1. Take a standard Vapemate from Super-T Manufacturing. If you have a drill press this will probably be easier, but I did it with a vise and a standard drill. The goal is to drill out the section where you put the drip tip and slip it into the atomizer. You do NOT want to well out the diameter at all.

IMG_0052.jpg

2. Use a round file to smooth out inside and rinse everything very clean, including getting all the debris out of the liquid channel(the hole about half way up where you drilled out inside the Vapemate).

3. Now, take the female atomizer connector(the one the atty screws into) and grind about half a mm off the bottom, and make a 1mm wide channel about a 1/3rd of the way up.

4. Screw a 510-510 adapter into the female atomizer connector to protect the threads. Now look inside the Vapemate where you drilled it out. You want to line the 1mm channel you made on the female atomizer connector up with the hole for the liquid channel, and then press fit the female atomizer connector into the Vapemate. I suggest getting it started, and then double checking the alignment of that hole before you press it in completely.

IMG_0056.jpg

5. Now, take the male atomizer connector(the one that screws into the battery) and remove the center post and insulator grommet. On the sides of the connector there are 2 small holes for airflow. You want to solder those holes closed.(Otherwise liquid will feed down instead of up. Whoops!).

6. Put a 510-510 adapter on the male atomizer connector to protect the threads, and press fit it into the bottom of the Vapemate. Congratulations! Now you can see what it's gonna look like on your PV.

IMG_0057.jpg

7. Now take the center post of the male atomizer connector, and put a 16ga syringe needle through it. Solder the bottom of the center post, so it holds the needle in place, and seals the syringe closed.

8. Now, literally right above the atomizer connector, dremel a notch in the side of the syringe, a little less than half way through. Then cut the syringe down to about 16mm from the base of the center post.

IMG_0053.jpg

9. Now slip the syringe/center post through the atomizer connectors in the Vapemate without the insulator grommet. You want to check the length of the syringe. You want it to be roughly flush with the female connectors center post, not sticking up. Trim off TINY amounts at a time till you get it where you need it.

IMG_0058.jpg

10. Now put the grommet back in the male atomizer connector, and slip the needle/center post through the connectors, and press in place. Congratulations! You now have a working Bottom Feeding Vapemate.

Now, I should give credit to Scubabatdan. Anyone who has seen the tutorial before will immediately recognize that I borrowed heavily from HIS SuckATon in order to make this work. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/modding-forum/96580-tube-juice-feeding-30.html#post1832346

The syringe needle carries the positive connection from battery to atomizer, and the Vapemate body carries the ground. When you squeeze the bottle, liquid travels through the channel, just as was designed for the Vapemate, then travels up the syringe, and to the atomizer.

rondasherrill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2012
Valhalla
Just an update... It appears that the design allows for a small amount of auto-feeding after it has been squonked once or twice. It hasn't flooded at all, but I almost never have to squonk it. I put a tube in the bottle, so I think there is a vacuum pressure thing going on to help that.

I have been doing the squeeze and draw at the same time thing since this has no drip well. After a whole afternoon of vaping I have no leaks.

rondasherrill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2012
Valhalla
I think your husband might have found a new job modding these. If I send you my vapemate...

LOL Im not sure how comfortable we would be with doing that... If you notice, I haven't even bothered getting "verified". Just seems extraneous. I don't want to buy from anyone on here, or sell. I just like to read, and help where I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread