The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

bought a SIGELEI

Discussion in 'Temperature Control' started by penguinfan, Dec 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. penguinfan

penguinfan Full Member

Jan 25, 2013
    Waldorf, MD
    1 of : Sigelei Fuchai 213W TC Mod - Blue [Batteries - Set of 2:Samsung INR18650-25R 2500mAh(what is the max watt on these batteries)....Tank:Aspire Nautilus X - Stainless.....which coil ohm should I use if I want to vape over 100 watts....also should the percentage of pg/vg specifi?. box says to use 40a batteries if wanting to hit the max wattage but do I need to if I have no plans on hitting the max(213)?... I have not used it yet...still using kanger.....was told sigelei is better.....of course he was using a roll-lay(I know I murdered that spelling but rather spell it phonetically and people have a clue what I mean)

2. AzPlumber

AzPlumber Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 28, 2011
    Arizona
    I would stick to 60 watts per battery max.

• Like Like x 1
  3. penguinfan

penguinfan Full Member

Jan 25, 2013
    Waldorf, MD
    with those specific batteries or period

4. AzPlumber

AzPlumber Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 28, 2011
    Arizona
    With 20 amp batteries like the ones you have.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ryedan

Ryedan ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 31, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    The batteries are rated 20 amp max. As AzPlumber said, 60 watts is safe. At 75 watts you'll be drawing 28A max and at 100 watts it will be 37 watts. That's why Sigelei specs 40A batts, unfortunately there are no true 40A batts on the market.

Unless I'm missing something, that tank isn't designed for high power. Check it out on their product page. The 1.5 ohm head is rated 20 watts max. You might be able to find some higher power heads somewhere, but I doubt you'll have enough airflow in the tank to go much above about 60 watts no matter what heads you find.

VG/PG percent is totally up to you and what you find you like to vape. If the juice is high PG it will be thinner and may tend to flood the head a bit, specially at lower power. Too much VG and it may give you dry hits, specially at higher power.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Bunnykiller

Bunnykiller ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 17, 2013
    New Orleans La.
    have you ever touched a 100W light bulb when it was on??? ;)

• Like Like x 2
  7. TheTinMan

TheTinMan Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 25, 2016
    North Carolina
    I don't think I've ever had the Nautilus X above 16 watts without getting a terrible dry hit.

Also, the tank is small and heats up like what @Bunnykiller describes.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Kprthevapr

Kprthevapr Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 1, 2015
    On the River, GA
    IMG_3167.jpg
    That's the max for me! I'm using a Stumpy RDA with dual coils.

9. Cheallaigh

Cheallaigh Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2016
    Georgian Bay, Ontario
    honestly, i wont max a cdr on a battery, so 55w per battery is what i would go, especially since batteries degrade with use over time. the batteries as said are good ones, but 20a, you want to get higher you need different batteries. not all tanks are meant for higher wattages, the naut x is a compact tank, higher watts and you're going to boil that juice rather than vape it. best thing to try is to work your way up until you find a comfortable vape and if it tastes burnt back down. remember tastes/tempts/watts are subjective.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Joergl100

Joergl100 Super Member

If You can, give it back to the seller. It is scrap.

• Like Like x 1
  11. TheTinMan

Sep 25, 2016
    North Carolina
    Despite the lies I enjoy both of my Fuchai 213s. If you are not into TC the mods are quite nice and serve their function well. Price range is excellent also.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Joergl100

Joergl100 Super Member

Yes...excellent up to 155 Watts...and really cute.[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. TheTinMan

Sep 25, 2016
    North Carolina
    I never quite go to the 155 watt range, lol.

• Like Like x 1
  14. DingerCPA

DingerCPA Vaping Mistress Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 9, 2014
    Corn 'n' Cows
    I'm looking for a dual-battery mod - I don't use a lot of TC (and if I did, I have a bunch of mods that can handle it) - you think this is a good one?

• Like Like x 1
  15. OhTheAgony

OhTheAgony Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 24, 2011
    Netherlands
    Check out the videos Joergl posted. It's a piece of crap made by a company that went out of it's way to come up with a construction so they wouldn't have to give their customers their money back when it became public what a piece of crap they were selling.

I'd spend my money elsewhere on a product from a company that doesn't try to screw over their customer base if I were you.

• Like Like x 4
  16. GeorgeS

GeorgeS Ultra Member ECF Veteran

May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    I'm sorry to hear that you got STUCK with a Sigelei. If it is not to late I'd return it and get something else.

It seems the power mode only folks tend to like it (and tolerate the misfires and garbled screens) and you can find a bunch of happy owners over in the VV/VW forum.

As a TC device the 213 (of ether flavor) is a complete FAIL and should be avoided. Not recommended for TC.

(after all this IS the TC forum and any recommendations are usually based on a given mods performance in TC mode. There is a dedicated forum for discussion of WATTAGE mode devices)

• Like Like x 3
  17. ian91

ian91 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 14, 2013
    Westbank, BC Canada
    Lot of hard feelings about this mod. I have 2 of them and they work really well in power mode. Solid construction, fit well in your hand and good battery life. There are no misfires with the Fuchai model.

• Like Like x 2
  18. TheTinMan

Sep 25, 2016
    North Carolina
    There seems to be a lot of hate for it. Personally I use mine daily. I don't use TC a lot either and I also have mods that can handle it when I want to.

It does not appear to be cheaply made. The buttons work flawlessly, it fits in your hand nicely, the 510 connection is set on the opposite side of the fire button and it's wide. A 25mm atty will fit on it with room to spare. The battery door at the bottom is exceptional and I wish more companies went to this style. Battery change is a breeze. And I know a little about how you vape, normally never above 35 watts, so the batteries will last you 2 days maybe 2 and a half.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.