Not open for further replies.

mudmanc4

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2009
In The Plex
kb.lime-it.us
Does anyone know anywhere that makes reputable box mods that say .... cancer? Or where i could custom order one?
You know that's interesting.
Hell I might just have one scribed for all that matter, right? Get the one you want and have a shop do it. Laser etching is gotten fairly popular as of late :)

Reactions: Makaela

Makaela

Oct 1, 2015
Texas
Cancer? I think your mistaking us for the other guy? ;)
I think my aunt passed away from lukemia and want something to remeber her by all the time. Considering her death and my grandmothersl passing with 4 holes in her lungs from smoking are the reason i stopped smoking in the first place. Not to be a douche but obviously this is something more than just hey i randomly decided i want this.

Jugband

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
PA, USA
I think my aunt passed away from lukemia and want something to remeber her by all the time. Considering her death and my grandmothersl passing with 4 holes in her lungs from smoking are the reason i stopped smoking in the first place. Not to be a douche but obviously this is something more than just hey i randomly decided i want this.
Sorry to hear this. You have a wonderful reason for this project. I hope you find what you're looking for. Best of luck to you.

Makaela

Oct 1, 2015
Texas
would depend on the shop - i have chatted with a local guy who does trophies/ nametags (he does all the nametags for our managers/ trainers) and he had done several fairly intricate engravings/ laser etchings on box mods...
So pretty much as I would do a car or tattoo do my research on this not everyone can do it?

Makaela

Oct 1, 2015
Texas
Sorry to hear this. You have a wonderful reason for this project. I hope you find what you're looking for. Best of luck to you.
Thank you. Hopefully i can get it done and everything goes smoothly in the process I just realized what you meant by your first comment. Sorry for being so defensive it's this time of year. Always just really defensive about death and cancer. Sorry. :( didn't mean to attack you like that.

Reactions: Jugband

dcfluegel

Shenaniganator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2015
Cleveland TN
So pretty much as I would do a car or tattoo do my research on this not everyone can do it?
i would think most trophy shops would have the laser engraving equipment to do it - would be a question of what they were going to charge and what format they would need it in... i would try contacting some local trophy shops and see what their response would be... the guy i use locally i have known for 10 years and he's great - always willing to try stuff, lol - he's done champagne glasses, etched wooden pens that i turned on my lathe... but he's not a rocket surgeon, so i am betting someone local can hook a sister up :)

Reactions: Makaela
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread