Box Mods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClayTaylorNC

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2014
United States
I started fiddling in boxmods not long ago. I just got my Cana DNA30 in a few days ago, and wow, it eillbsurely replace my other mods for daily use. It has more than enough power, long charge, and looks great. I will be purchasing a Reo in a week or so aswell. There two different beasts, depends what you like better. Either will not dissapoint you. Good luck!

FinchX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2012
Texas
Dice57, WHERE did you get that TARDIS box mod?! I must own one even if I never use it LOL!

I've got several vv mods but I'm intrigued with the box mods and curious to how they'll feel in my hand. My only problem is finding one that meets my criteria of wants. Basically I want the simplicity and compatibility of the MVP 2, but I'd prefer it use batteries rather than have an internal that you plug in the device to charge... 18650s or 18350s would be ideal since I already own those.

lbosarge

Verified Member
Mar 5, 2014
Rainy NW US
For what it's worth, I love my mvp 2 though I will be upgrading soon. I find as I have progressed in vaping I am now maxing out my box at 11 watts and want to go higher. I think the mvp is a good way to start when it comes to flexibility and cost. It's a lost cost way to try a box mod and see where you would like to go. I have had mine for a few months and it's my take everywhere mod.

chuckie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2009
miami fl USA
LittlemaN, psyclone, mad wiener mod. Any well built raptor120 mod. Even some okr-t10 or t20 chips are sufficient :)
I've got 2 Okr boxes,one is 4 years old the other is 6 months old.Never a problem wth either of them.I paid between $60-70 for each of them.
I had a reo but was able to get rid of it after only a weeks use when the switch fried.I wish I'd bought the Okr's first.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
I got one of these on preorder HOT NEW ITEM - Genome iPV50 BOX MOD 50 WATTS - PRE-ORDER NOW - BATCH #2 ON SALE!!! :: Pre Order's - A to Z Vapor World

Here are the stats:
DC-DC
3 buttons
Power setting: 7-50W
Atomizers: 0.2-3Ω
Display: OLED 0.96"(display resistance, wattage, battery level in real time, voltage)
Color: aluminum alloy Silver or Black
Connector: 510
Battery: 18650
Dimensions: 100mm×50mm×22mm

DNA 30 mods are old news, this blows everything else out of the water, nothing comes close - but that's just my opinion :)

For those that need to always have the most powerful mod sure , but most do not need anything close to that power so why pay for it. There's a link for the IPV models in another thread , the 35 watt sells for $79.00 pre order and the 50 watt at $99.00.

NathanielFT

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
For those that need to always have the most powerful mod sure , but most do not need anything close to that power so why pay for it. There's a link for the IPV models in another thread , the 35 watt sells for $79.00 pre order and the 50 watt at $99.00.

Some just like to know they got the most powerful thing going, for some 30w isn't enough seeing as a mech can exceed that power easily. Price wise, this is much lower in cost then alot of less capable dna30 devices plus its an OEM rather then a clone.

Also, you never know what products will come out that'll create a need for higher power i.e. many who don't rebuild wouldn't exceed 6-8w so a dna30 might be overkill, but now a clearo called Joyetech Delta is out and has stock coils capable of being fired up to 25w without burning, so now there's new demand.

Thanks for pointing that this had already been posted, although it wasn't a random post the OP was asking for box mod suggestions. I guess at least this post can help some others that missed the other one too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
Dice57, WHERE did you get that TARDIS box mod?! I must own one even if I never use it LOL!

I've got several vv mods but I'm intrigued with the box mods and curious to how they'll feel in my hand. My only problem is finding one that meets my criteria of wants. Basically I want the simplicity and compatibility of the MVP 2, but I'd prefer it use batteries rather than have an internal that you plug in the device to charge... 18650s or 18350s would be ideal since I already own those.

The Box is the ChinaBox30 Hana clone, the TARDIS Skinz I bought from Vapor Skinz The nice thing about the tardis is one can either swap out the 18650 bat with a fresh one or use the usb charge.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
Some just like to know they got the most powerful thing going, for some 30w isn't enough seeing as a mech can exceed that power easily. Price wise, this is much lower in cost then alot of less capable dna30 devices plus its an OEM rather then a clone.

Also, you never know what products will come out that'll create a need for higher power i.e. many who don't rebuild wouldn't exceed 6-8w so a dna30 might be overkill, but now a clearo called Joyetech Delta is out and has stock coils capable of being fired up to 25w without burning, so now there's new demand.

Thanks for pointing that this had already been posted, although it wasn't a random post the OP was asking for box mod suggestions. I guess at least this post can help some others that missed the other one too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the same manufacturer who puts out the Seven Twenty Two so i'm sure the IPV has a good blood line.

My initial reaction to the box mods is that they are ugly. Though, I find that they are growing on me. I want to hold a few to see how they feel in my hand before making a purchase.

Good luck with that , unless you live around some great shops , maybe a vape type get together will allow you to do that .

Good luck with that , unless you live around some great shops , maybe a vape type get together will allow you to do that .

I don't want to take it home for a week, I just want to be sure I like how it would fit in my hand. I do live around some amazing shops and have always been able to touch and play with my things before I buy them. I spent a good hour seeing how I liked holding onto various mechs before I got my first one. If I was to go to any shop and they told me I couldn't I'd leave, its not really good customer service to expect someone to drop a few hundred dollars for something they aren't even sure they will be able to use.

Nep2nes

Verified Member
So I just bought an authentic red Hana v3 from Hyperionvapes.com. Pretty excited thanks for the input guys! i'll upload pics soon. Any suggestions on a good rda? I prefer to drip.. was looking into the magma, but have heard issues with the AFC leaking. Looking for an RDA that can hold a lot of juice.

SPBALLER

Verified Member
Apr 27, 2014
SAN FRANCISCO
someone said the mvp was smaller than dna30 boxes... the vaporshark has something to say about that! noY9sQE.jpg
sorry if I seem like a VS ....., but its a really great product lol

Transdelta

Verified Member
Jun 12, 2014
Santa Cruz, CA, USA
I love my hana for relaxed vaping but it's definitely not the choice for cloud-chasing..
Go for a parallel 18650 semi-mech or 60-120W regulated setup if you like pushing
the limits of tube mech mods.

I've thrown together a few box mods and adore the available power draw and battery
life in comparison to single 18650 setups..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread