box mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

justinlm24

Apr 13, 2015
ohio
being relatively new to vaping, especially with the box mods, I was just curious about something. It's seems there are dozens upon dozens of different models, brands, wattages, etc, but is there really much of a difference in performance as far as vapor or flavor from one mod to another? For example I have the segelei 100W and atlantis tank that i keep set at around 30W. Is there really going to be much of a difference if I were to use the same tank on an ipv3, or an ipv mini 70W, or any other box mod than can fire a .5 ohm coil at the same 30W setting. It seems there are so many to choose from but I'd think firing the same coil at 30W is generally going to produce the same or similar vapor amd flavor regardless of what device is firing it. I realize every model is different on the outside with the colors and the styles and all that, but inside is there a difference. Maybe I'm over thinking it but I was considering picking up a more compact box mod and I started thinking. Prolly a silly question but I'm curious.

Jim Beam

Feb 7, 2015
Cut And Shoot Texas
Past recent months I'd been using my Sigelei box mod.
Wanted a smaller box mod, also wanted one with easy battery changed...without having to remove tiny screws.
Ended up buying a ZNA 50watt, it seems to fire up a hair quicker than my Sig.
Another thing I like is the big firing button.
Looks with my Orchid and other tanks looks better.
Alot more compliments from folks.
I had a ipv mini 2, given it to my brother whom just starting out.

Jim

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
Hi justin. As a basic answer you are probably over thinking it. However there are 2 ways I have read, the electricity is calculated and supplied, PWM and DC_DC. (don't quote me on this). The difference is in how fast they supply the energy to the coil, it's consistency, and battery life. Is there that much of a difference to notice in vaping? Probably so BUT both theory's are used in different models. If there was a "better" way, then it would be more noticeable in the market. Find a mod you like (iStick 50W here) and get it. The Segelei is a top brand from what I've read, but I prefer the form factor and battery simplistic of my smaller iStick. It might be apples and oranges, but you're still eating fruit. I run Nautilus Mini and Kanger Subtank Mini on my mod, they both work wonderfully. Good luck.

down2long

Jan 18, 2014
Oklahoma
I received my Nico Mod about a week ago and am enjoying the workmanship of this devise. Not cheap by any means, but the craftsmanship is very very good. SX 350 60 watt chip, with adjustable 510 and stabilized wood construction. No screws or magnets to hold the door in place. I'm loving its weight and size. Looking forward to their next release to possibly buy a second. I highly recommend you consider one of these beauties if your budget permits. You won't be disappointed.
Nicomods_Erlk_looper01.jpg

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
The box supplies the power, how much you need depends on what atomizer you are using and what you want to achieve.
Some boxes have limits to the minimum resistance you can use, see point one. Beyond that is really esthetics and form factor, shape size etc. Some models have real or subjective design faults, which can be found by a little research on forums or Youtube reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread