Boy, is my face red! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been a while since I've been on the forum. I have actually been too embarrassed to come back. I posted a couple of weeks ago about having problems with my new Riva and not getting any vapor. I tried several things to no avail. When all else failed, I turned to the forum. You all were AWESOME! You gave me such great and prompt feedback. But, even after doing the things you told me to try, still no vapor. Finally, I called Travis to see what kind of return policy came with my Riva. Guess what. I ordered the starter kit and additional carts...none of which contain ANY vapor! No wonder I wasn't getting anything! LOL Yeah, I know...what a noob! I can't deny it...I'm a doofus! :)

So, my husband and I went to Denver (4.5 hours away) in hopes of finding a store in the area that sold e-liquid so I could get started right away. We were there to get a memorial tattoo done for my husband and that didn't pan out either. That's right...no luck finding anyone that carried the e-liquid. In fact, some tobacco shops I called almost sounded offended that I even asked. :::shaking head::: Maybe they need to get with the program and start offering smokers alternatives, you know? I called a couple of head shops and while they didn't carry e-juice, they were at least a lot happier when they told me "no". LOL Go figure!

Now, I am back to the panel of experts and after spending a great deal of time reading reviews, I'm getting ready to place an order with Vapor Bomb. Thanks to Mutt, I'm going to try some of the flavors he suggested that were also receiving rave reviews from other vapers. But, still being a vaper virgin, I need a bit more help. One day, I'll learn the ropes and won't be such a pain in the patooty.

Here's my questions:

1. I smoke Marlboro Ultra Lights and used to smoke Salem Ultra Lights. I love menthol cigarettes, but heard they were even worse on your health. I guess that's like saying a bigger hole in your head will kill you faster. *shrug* I'm not addicted to the nicotine or the flavor of the cigarette. It's the hand-to-mouth motion. But, if I'm going to go to the trouble of vaping, I want some flavor. I guess my question is, what are the specifics I am looking for? Since the nicotine "fix" isn't what I am seeking most, do I go for a lower-to-none nicotine content? I'm assuming that the VG/PG mix, right?

2. Since I'm a light analog smoker, do I go for the lowest strength? And if so, does that mean less flavor from the liquid?

Again...as usual...you input is deeply appreciated!

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
I also smoked that brand and wasn't interested in finding a tobacco flavor as I wanted nothing to link me to cigs.
Ive been through more juice since i started than Noah had animals :D
Ive found my fave nic level is 12mg - but i started out on 24mg and was using 16-18mg for a while. The best idea is to buy a couple of different strengths and see how you go. We are ALL different in our nic needs. I would NOT start on only 0 nic if I were you, but theres no reason you cant buy a small bottle of no-nic to try it out.
I also use an 80/20 PG/VG mix as I find that the 'best' option - I get flavor (my #1 requirement) as well as vapor and TH.
Buy lots of small bottles if the suppliers have that option, buy from a few DIFFERENT suppliers (not all ejuice is created equal lol), and have fun trying things out.
My current 2 faves are Pina Colada from Tasty vapor and german choc cake also from TV. But ive ben throuhg MANY taste phases, and enjoyed them all :D

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Try vendors who offer small samples first, nothing worse than getting stuck with 30 ml bottles of eliquid you hate.

My favorites: Vapor Station--10 5 ml bottles for $25 (some of the best tobacco flavors), Nhaler (6 ml samples), Vaperite (3 ml samples), Vapors Etc (3 ml samples). Backwoods Brew sells 10 ml bottles of very good quality eliquid.

jmaul99

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2010
Marietta, GA
Vaporbomb and Backwoods Brew are my favorites, but I didn't like any of the Dekang juice that I have tried. My suggestion is to go with any of the vendors frequently mentioned on this forum as long as the sell custom made juice not repackaged Dekang. Also check out pay it forward when you get some juice to trade. This is a good way to get flavors you like and pass along flavors that you don't care for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread