Travel and Vaping Boycott US Airways!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
WoW! After reading some of the comments about F/A's Im afraid to show my face here! LOL

But seriously, more and more power is being given to Flight Attendants and its getting scary. Being in the profession myself I will be the FIRST to admit that there are a TON of Sky .....es up there on a HUGE power trip. And they are greatly abusing their profession and making us all look bad!

Whatever you do, dont let ANY flight crew member try to tell you that you are violating ANY FAA Regulation... I have many contacts with the FAA and as of now there is no official standpoint. However, these power hungry sky cows may try to unfairly slap you with a violation of FAR 91.11

"No person may assault, threaten, intimidate, or interfere with a flight attendant in the performance of flight attendant duties onboard an aircraft"

Since the words Assault, threaten, interfere, and intimidate are HIGHLY subjective, please be careful. One FAA report with the wording "91.11 violation" and the FAA automatically sides with the F/A's.

I LOVE having vapers on my flights! They are MORE than welcome to come hangout in my galley and have a vape with me ANYTIME!

Spikey, Im sorry you had such a hard time... I feel it my duty to apologize for your treatment on behalf of the "Awesome" flight attendants out there!

Safe travels!

seminolewind

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2009
Corydon Indiana
Things like this have to be expected when flying on Useless Airways. US Air has been at the bottom of the Customer satisfaction list for years. America West was second last. Then America West Merged with US Air, making them absolutely the WORST airline in the USA.

They *are* however, at the top of one list - Customer Complaints. I've avoided them for years.

Yes, yes, and yes!

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Retired in Houston, Texas / USA
WoW! After reading some of the comments about F/A's Im afraid to show my face here! LOL

But seriously, more and more power is being given to Flight Attendants and its getting scary. Being in the profession myself I will be the FIRST to admit that there are a TON of Sky .....es up there on a HUGE power trip. And they are greatly abusing their profession and making us all look bad!

Whatever you do, dont let ANY flight crew member try to tell you that you are violating ANY FAA Regulation... I have many contacts with the FAA and as of now there is no official standpoint. However, these power hungry sky cows may try to unfairly slap you with a violation of FAR 91.11

"No person may assault, threaten, intimidate, or interfere with a flight attendant in the performance of flight attendant duties onboard an aircraft"

Since the words Assault, threaten, interfere, and intimidate are HIGHLY subjective, please be careful. One FAA report with the wording "91.11 violation" and the FAA automatically sides with the F/A's.

I LOVE having vapers on my flights! They are MORE than welcome to come hangout in my galley and have a vape with me ANYTIME!

Spikey, Im sorry you had such a hard time... I feel it my duty to apologize for your treatment on behalf of the "Awesome" flight attendants out there!

Safe travels!

Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Finally, a post from the front lines. This post is what we needed. A realistic and level headed approach.
You "good FA's" are becoming rare. Thanks for not going to the dark side of the force.
Safe Travels;
jd

Fox3

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2009
Seattle, WA
I have some friends that are on the crews of US air and other airlines. Some are pilots and some are flight attendants. In fact we have a member here that is a flight attendant as well. Up until a few weeks ago they never knew what a E Cig was. Now with the Media, and hype they are learning about these devices. That being said I think one airline has already posted online that Electronic Cigarettes are verboten. Either way you put it traveling today just sucks. Long waits at the security line, cramped airplanes, and extra and hidden charges.

Since I loathe flying commercial, I will fly myself to my customers instead.

Maybe you need to fly private or charter a airplane in the future. Otherwise, you can always slip into the restroom for a quick break. I know others have done it in the past with no issues. Only one member said the smoke alarm went off which puzzles me.

God I wish I had that option. Flying from SEA to JAX anytime soon :)? I'd love to deadhead :). Been a long time since I was in a real airplane (not the commercial cattle cars). I still sim so I could help with things :) </beg>.

Otherwise I am going to have to deal with the gestapo and the cattle car, which I loathe. I remember when flying was something pleasant rather than the ratfu*k it has become.

Sumratio

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2009
Pittsburgh
Yes, that thread is still here, and the thread on American Airlines. AA has added e-cigs to their list of prohibited in flight use items.

I wrote to AA because of this and the dumba$$es had the audacity to tell me it was because the e-cig produces an unknown quantity of RF energy. ROFL idiots.

DisMan

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2008
I traveled all last week on US Airways. I just went to the bathroom, took a couple puffs, then went back to my seat. It was no big deal to me.

Nobody even noticed...so, all was well.

I understand your position...but the bottom line is that it's not that bad to go use the restroom. I vaped for about 3 minutes in the restroom, being sure to blow the vapor into my shirt. YOu know, like you did in high school. :)

Anything I can do to help Davis!

I have had a few meetings with inflight management regarding the ecig.

It would be incredibly lucrative if we allowed or even possibly sold basic ecig kits onboard our long haul international flights. Seeing how we fly many contracts for the military, with all our servicemen and women that are smokers, we would make a killing! :)

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Retired in Houston, Texas / USA
Anything I can do to help Davis!

I have had a few meetings with inflight management regarding the ecig.

It would be incredibly lucrative if we allowed or even possibly sold basic ecig kits onboard our long haul international flights. Seeing how we fly many contracts for the military, with all our servicemen and women that are smokers, we would make a killing! :)

That's something I would love to see. On my last flight from Houston to Vienna, I was still on analogs. It was a rough ride. I'm 90% North & South America, and only 10% overseas, so I haven't yet had the opportunity to vape on an overseas flight.

i guess you would need a leash with that attitude..maybe even a muzzle.. don't bother to response,,I'm just messing with ya..to each his own,,,unless it bothers me that is
That attitude needs to go to some other thread. Leave my girl alone or I will have to do something about it... and I can be very not nice when called for :)

Safe travels!

Thanks for the comments! I just hate that women are made to feel so inferior that they need to come back with their "My d*ck is bigger than yours" attitude.

I wrote to AA because of this and the dumba$$es had the audacity to tell me it was because the e-cig produces an unknown quantity of RF energy. ROFL idiots.

What????? Are they serious!!??!! Is that on their website? Do they state on their site that it is not allowed?

I traveled all last week on US Airways. I just went to the bathroom, took a couple puffs, then went back to my seat. It was no big deal to me.

Nobody even noticed...so, all was well.

I understand your position...but the bottom line is that it's not that bad to go use the restroom. I vaped for about 3 minutes in the restroom, being sure to blow the vapor into my shirt. YOu know, like you did in high school. :)

Great suggestion Dis.. I would have tried that but I am germphobic and I do not go in airplane restrooms (or public restrooms if I can avoid it). Plus I am on zero nic so it is not the nic that I need... but the habit of vaping :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread