Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Hello and welcome back for todays review of the new version 1.5 of the Pioneer rta from BP mods. The Pioneer 1.5 is a 22mm atomizer with a tank capacity of 3.2ml and offers a MTL, RDL and DL vape options with airflow choices that are infinite. There are a few atomizers that say they can be vaped in MTL or RDL or DL for that matter but very few actually live up to the claims. Does the Pioneer V 1.5 live up to these claims, well that's what well find out with my review of it.

BP_Mods_Pioneer_V1.5_RTA.jpg

COLOR CHOICES - DLC ECLIPSE AND SS SILVER

pioneer-v15-rta-bp-mods-1-800x800.jpg

IN THE BOX

1* BP MODS Pioneer V1.5 RTA (With MTL Chimney and 0.8mm Airflow Pin)

1* Tobacco & DL Chimney

1* DL Drip Tip

1* Post Screws (Slot & Phillip's M2.5 X 2.5)

1* DL Positive Contact

1* DL Positive Post (Airflow 4.0mm)

1* Gasket (For Tank)

1* Gasket (For Top Cap Slider)

1* O-ring (18*1mm)

1* O-ring (8.5*1mm)

1* O-ring (6*1mm)

1* Airflow Pins (1.0/1.2/1.5/2.0/2.9mm)

1* BP MODS Single Coil #2 (28Ga Ni70, MTL)

1* BP MODS Single Coil #2 (28Ga A1 * 2 +40Ga Ni80, RDL)

1* BP MODS Single Coil #3 (26Ga A1 * 2 +40Ga Ni80, DL)

BP_Mods_Pioneer_V1.5_RTA_Packages.jpg

FEATURES

· DL/RDL/MTL

· 22mm diameter

· Easy rebuilding

· 3.2ml capacity

· Slide-open top cap with locking system

· Removable evaporation space compressor

· Two different chimneys for flavor adjustment

· Tobacco Chimney - designed by Italian reviewers and Bruce, super good for tobacco juices, also great for direct lung vaping

· Airflow pins - 1.0/1.2/1.5/2.0/2.9 (all included)

· "Pig nose positive post" - equivalent to 4mm pin's airflow

· Flavor features - biased towards sharp and strong in most cases. May enhance the flavors of tobacco and fruits

BP_Mods_Pioneer_V1.5_RTA_Features.jpg

COMPLETE BREAKDOWN OF THE PIONEER V 1.5

BP_Mods_Pioneer_V1.5_RTA_Parts.jpg

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

I really like it when a company goes a extra step and starts the users experience right off the bat with nice packaging, a cardboard band is wrapped around the outside box of contents with Pioneer V 1.5 written across it.

Sliding the band off and pulling the top off shows 2 cards with the breakdown of the atomizer on one and the pictures of what is supplied with the atomizer on the other. Under the cards is the Pioneer V 1.5 and 2nd chimney with all the other components in 2 baggies inside a rectangle box on one side. Presentation of the atomizer is done very nicely.

I thought the color of the atomizer was going to be black but it is a beautiful Gunmetal color. I opened the cardboard box and began looking for the 1.5 airflow pin because I knew the 0.8 airflow pin that the atomizer ships with it pre-installed would be too tight for me, by the way the pins are in their own baggie with the 2nd positive post (DL) for easy separation. Airflow pin size is marked on the flathead of the pins. The airflow pins are the actual 510 pin.

20220725_132329.jpg

The 2nd chimney is for DL or RDL use and it uses the stubby contact, when using it this way you will need to either take the grub screw out of the original post or just use 1 in the spares bag, this DL post you will use has a 4.0mm airflow with 2 channels cut out.

20220730_104140.jpg

All the airflow pins are laid out including the (DL) positive post and stubby positive 510 contact. The first pin in the picture is the 0.8 which would be way to tight for my type of MTL vape, it is pre-installed in the atomizer when shipped. The 1.5 airflow pin is not pictures because I installed it in the atomizer for my taste. I want to remind you to pay special attention to the insulator that the airflow pins sit inside because there is only 1 with no spare. ( DONT LOOSE IT )

20220726_134134.jpg

It was time to breakdown the atomizer for a long bath in hot soapy water to clean any machine oil that might be left on during the machining process, you don't need to do a complete breakdown this is good enough without unscrewing the chimney and removing it. By the way each atomizer is serialized with their serial number printed on the top cap base.

The Pioneer V 1.5 comes with 2 drip tips that screw into a 510 base. The airflow options are infinite on the Pioneer V 1.5 having either a slotted airflow channel or 6 individual holes of which both choices can be closed down for a tailored vape and lets not forget about the airflow pins also. So the airflow options should please every vaper.

20220725_141000.jpg

Once dry the build can begin, I used the coils that were provided. The Pioneer V 1.5 is so easy to build on that it almost does the build for you. A tip for you is to put a slight bend in the coil legs for a easier install through the post holes.

Using a coil rod you will see that the rod actually lays in the 2 cutouts at each side perfectly centered with perfect height for the coil as well, all you need to do is center the coil over the airflow hole and tighten the screws, I told you it practically builds itself.

20220727_133504.jpg

20220727_142236.jpg

Wicking the Pioneer V 1.5 is also a very easy process, cut your wick tails just a bit past the deck, you can thin the tails a very small amount then place them in the wicking slots, do not pack the cotton. You want it to basically just sit in the wells, also keep the wick free from touching the sides of the deck. There is a evaporation space compressor that is removable when using vanilla, custards, buttermilk or butterscotch flavors.

I used a Tobacco and Boba Tea Coffee flavor in testing so I left the evaporation space compressor on. My build came out to 1.2Ω and because the way the digital readout displays I could not get it to display clearly on my camera photos. I like to use spaced coils because to me it improves flavor by covering more wick so I spaced out the provided coils in testing.

20220727_160935.jpg

20220728_133708.jpg

With the build installed and the coil wicked and bedded in it was time to screw the deck on to the tank and fill it up for a vape, a trick to make sure you don't cross-thread it is when screwing the base on back screw it first and listen for a click, then you know it's on correctly.

Filling the Pioneer V 1.5 couldn't be easier, look for the small dot right below the top cap then unscrew the top cap a very small amount and push the sliding top cap where the dot is to open it. The fill port is large and any bottle tip will work.

20220730_094740.jpg

I have a Mod that I reviewed quite some time ago and really love it for it's size, built in 2000mAh battery and appearance and the ability to be fully charged from dead in only 10 minutes but I like my atomizers to match my device and only found 1 that color matched perfectly until I received the Pioneer V 1.5 atomizer. ( PERFECT MATCH )

20220730_101029.jpg

PROS

* Attractive

* Great Flavor

* Easy Build Deck

* Great filling system

* Infinite airflow options

* 2 Drip Tips Included - ( 1 Long And Skinny ) ( 1 Short And Stubby )

* 3 Coils Included

CONS

* Difficult to make airflow adjustments when screwed on a device

* PCTG Tank ( I Prefer Glass )

FINAL IMPRESSIONS

I have to say that I'm really impressed with the new Pioneer V 1.5 and I can tell you that this atomizer does vape MTL, RDL and DL very well with great flavor and a good amount of vapor. The flavor is sharp and saturated with the airflow being pretty smooth although a bit noisy.

You get so much in this package being 3 coils, 2 drip tips, plenty of spare O-rings, grub screws and airflow pins that should cover every vapers airflow style. Appearance of the atomizer is really sharp and although I prefer a glass tube the PCTG tube improves it's appearance and I don't use tank cracking juices.

So to wrap things up I will tell you that I highly recommend the Pioneer V 1.5 for flavor, easy build deck , infinite airflow options and a really good looking RTA.

I would like to thank Daisy and Dovpo for providing the Pioneer V 1.5 for the purpose of my review and I hope that I answered all your questions on this RTA.

THANK YOU
    BIGBOB2322

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread