Brand New Website being launched next week....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Princessa

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2010
TN
Looking good! Just about to toss a few more hundreds of Mojito in my cart... was a shock, but came here to see if I had to re-register (didn't think about forgot password, because I knew it was right LoL).

I do still see "disposable e-cigerette" on the main page in categories, but haven't really surfed around. Was happy to see the nicer 'profile' updates, and the previous orders are all there. Seems much better to navigate just to do the quick re-order at least.

Keep up the good work!!!

Secti0n31

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
A horizontal scroll bar would be nice. I usually run in splitscreen and I'm not a big fan of having to maximize a window just to see it all. Just out of curiosity are you guys running a little behind this week? Placed my order on Friday morning, haven't heard from you guys since. I'm in no hurry at all, just curious.

Edit: I also miss the "new items" feature, FYI

The new site looks sparkely and new!...but.
I'm sure its sorta in beta right now... On an ipad its only using half the screen. The header bar goes all the way across and the yellow cart bar goes about 3/4 across. Everything else is on the left side and uses about 60% of the screen.
Also can the age verify be accomplished just once on website entry?
Other wise impressive new site.
Looking foward to future purchases
D.

I love freedomsmoke e-juice. My number 1 vape is their Banana Nut Bread, but I cannot utilize the website as easily due to the above stated problem. I could not access a good 40% of the page due to this cutoff & my screen is HUGE. I was desperate to order & thank heaven the banana nut bread juice is on the first page under Breakfast because if it hadn't been I would not have been able to order as the link to go to the second page is cut off. Also, there's no way to scroll horizontally on thier page though I am able to do this on all other sites that have a screen "overhang" for lack of a better word.
Luckily I was able to complete the order due to a small sliver of the submit button still showed up on my screen, or at least I assumed it was the submit button.
I called the 800 number to make sure my order was correct because it was like taking stabs in the dark with having the page cut off. I told her of my experience with the new design & the lady said no one else is having those problems, & I should switch to another browser! I'm sorry, no, I am not changing my browser that works on every other website without incident! So imagine my surprise when I see this thread with 2 others with the same complaint!!
I love freedomsmokeusa but I have not been back since. I felt a responsibility to the company to share my negative experience with the redesign, not to be a whining brat but as a business owner myself, I wanted to be helpful because I want their business to succeed and could not see a new customer bothering with the inconvenience. Instead I was brushed off but I don't blame the company for it, just the lady answering the phone. I feel she handled my concern poorly.
Did the cutoff issues get resolved? I ordered on 1/30/12 & haven't returned.
Thanks for letting me vent!!

our juices will always be worth returning. in the end, the website will get fixed to everyone's satisfaction. there will always be folks not completely satisfied but we are working on it. in the end? our juices are still worth any efforts put forward. I used the site myself, it worked perfectly for me. internet explorer on a traditional 17" screen worked flawlessly for me.
Sorry folks that some are having a problem. Work with us, it isn't that hard to order...

Thank you Mauisun for your thoughtful reply. I agree your juice is worth returning for as I've been purchasing your juice for over a year now. But first time customers won't & it definitely wasn't easy to make my 1/30/12 order working with 60% of the page. It would be just my luck to be the only one with the problem. Really hope when I go back for my next order the site's easy breezy & 100% viewable!
On a positive note, the experience & ECF have inspired me to branch out & try other juices in other flavors just in case so I can't complain about that!

Jessicat, which browser and version of it are you using? IE is not standards compliant, never has been, and the way MS works probably never will be. There are many big name web sites that are dropping support for IE altogether because of this. Browsers based on Mozilla are fully standards compliant and the site is working fine with those browsers.

As for the scroll bar, as mentioned before, that is not something controlled from the web design side. I do know that when I shorten up the width of my browser the scroll bars does appear when the browser gets too narrow to display the page, then goes away when the browser is wide enough to display the page. I see only 1 person mentioning the site not loading correctly and that person was using an iPad to view the site, not a 'pc' type desktop computer. I honestly don't know if the "web developers" that rebuilt our site bothered to make it compatible with iPads and mobile devices. From what I have found so far they didn't.

evilfrog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
portland OR
Site worked well for my latest little order (banana-strawberry milkshake! yum!). I look forward to having the new flavors being listed with their own button. Or maybe just make it so you can list juices by date of appearance on the site?

A couple of notes:

It's mildly annoying that the buttons light up when you put the cursor over them, but don't activate when you click on them unless you are over the text within the button.

Amaretto Pre-Mix Specialty seems to be stuck on 24mg/ml as if it was a sample. I know I could ask you whatever I need in the comments (I WILL be ordering this at some point), but less regular visitors might be confused/frustrated by this.

The subscription thing is a nice idea, but it's a little confusing when it shows up in the final order page even if you didn't order it. I know you're just giving us a 'final chance' at changing our minds about it, but I prefer a final order page to be ONLY what I am paying for.

Last: If it can recognize me and keep me logged in when I am away for a while, it should stop asking me my age. Sometimes I'm sitting away from the keyboard with my wireless mouse (I use a big tv for a computer screen) drooling over flavors, but when I click on something I have to get up and type in my age. That's a distance of three feet I have to walk every couple of days! :)

Overall, the site is a good improvement. In particular, it's great that you can fiddle with things like mg/ml and size within the cart.

trouble2k

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2010
Billings, MT
Okay, maybe I'm just a bit brain dead on this end. I just went to order my usual PureCig supply. The last time I visited the new website, I recovered my password and changed it (I thought?).

I had to recover it once again today and when I go to my profile, it still isn't changing my password. Then, while checking out, I tried to use the "personal check" option which I thought would direct me to a new page to pay by check (online) just like the last time. Nothing. I just received an e-mail confirming my order.

Ummm...Am I supposed to cancel the order somehow and reorder by CC? I also replied to the order confirmation e-mail, so I hope I can figure this out. I'm not trying to be a problem here, but I just assumed the pay online by check option was still available.

trouble2k

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2010
Billings, MT
you can send a check if you wish. we will process the order as soon as the check is cleared...
Thanks for the reply. I just didn't realize the online check option was no longer available. It must have simply been a temporary fix during the adjustment to the new website.

I guess if you don't receive payment for the last order, then it won't be processed or sent either way.

I'll just make another order.

Stike

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2009
B.MASS
Seems you forgot me you won't answer my calls and I wss there when you started. I thought you would never do this to me .I am hurt you just blew me off. I envested thousands with you sent you hundreds of kits to get you up and running even came down for aonth to help.I have all the receits .I thought you were a stand up guy.Do the right thing call me. I guess people change and forget.I cant even get you to send me a few kits now that I am back smoking.I still have emails and letter promising me a piece of profits.please get in touch. Give family my love I still think of you guys bit you won't answer my calls. How come .
Your friend Boston Mike.I still Have the cards yoi sent me with my name as part owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread