Not open for further replies.

cos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2009
St Petersburg Florida
Morn to all
anybody know where to get a basic breadboard for e-cig modding? Ive been tinkering around and havent used this yet. Why i have no idea. This will help me big time. And when i go to my Radip shack these guys dont even know what a e-cig is. unbelieveable. guess yaq cant ask them questions so ya gotta know what you need. unless i try a different radio shack. Thanks

DemonCowboy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
Florida, US
well a breadboard is a breadboard, the difference is some have preformed connections, others have just solder rings to make that part easier and others are just plain. at least from what i could see. doing research b4 u go and getting catalog numbers. but radio shack employees have to sign their minds away in that anything they invent or do while they're employed, radio shack owns, so the only ppl that would work there either are clueless or have no ambition. that's y the workers are the way they are.

cos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2009
St Petersburg Florida
thanks loads guys. which one is the one i want on madvapes. sorry for the dumb question here but which one is the one i need. i am a real beginner. But i have been playing around without the breadboards but figured it will help me a lot. Thanks again.
DemonCowboy what you said about them being clueless and no ambition so thats why they work there i had to laugh now i know why they have that dumb look on their faces lol good one

Krythis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
WNY
krythis.com
i doubt a different radio shack would help...mine were the same...didn't know what an ecig was or protected batteries..lol

All Radio Shacks are not created equal. We have one here that is mostly a cell shack, but has one cabinet of elec components that is poorly stocked. Down the same street about 15m we have another shack that has 3-4 cabinets that are usually moderately stocked.

DemonCowboy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
Florida, US
thanks loads guys. which one is the one i want on madvapes. sorry for the dumb question here but which one is the one i need. i am a real beginner. But i have been playing around without the breadboards but figured it will help me a lot. Thanks again.
DemonCowboy what you said about them being clueless and no ambition so thats why they work there i had to laugh now i know why they have that dumb look on their faces lol good one

well think about it if to get employed u have to sign a contract that says anything u build, create or invent, even in u'r own time belongs to that company, are u even going to try to think about anything like that, or would u refuse to learn and keep that deer in the headlights look about u?

It seems like hardly anyone outside of e-cig modders know what a protected Li-ion battery is. I went to a battery store when I realized I ordered my 14500s from China and was impatient, and not only did they not understand what a protected battery was, they also insisted they didn't exist for 14500s!
perhaps when u'r order comes in, u should take them to that store and show them..lol

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
Actually a breadboard is a board you use to make prototype circuits with no soldering involved. What you are looking for is solderable circuit board or protoboard.
This is a breadboard, set up and testing a potential design.
DSC03255.jpg

h.800,s.1,w.800,yajmikura.true,m.838e6e6b6ee9e2495b23b29444535d5c,2984,pb_400.jpg

The small pieces of interconnected PCB board is usually called strip board,

A-5031.jpg

You would just off as many rows and columns you need for your project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread