Breast cancer and me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

msroulette

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2010
Colorado Springs, CO
On May 9, 2009 I got a call that would forever change my life. I was diagnosed with a rare form of breast cancer called Paget's Disease. This cancer affects only 1-4% if breast cancer patients. In August of 2009, I underwent a bi-lateral mastectomy to remove the cancer. When I had my surgery done, I was told I couldn't smoke for 8 weeks post-surgery. I couldn't quit, the disease of smoking addiction was stronger than the threat of screwing up my surgery. In Sept 2009, I completed my first Komen 5k race for the cure...I walked of course, it was 4 weeks after my mastectomy.

In March of 2010, I found e-cigs and quit smoking instantly upon receiving my first kit!

In Sept 2010, I completed my second Komen Race for the Cure. I shaved 10 minutes off my walk time :)

This Sept, I will complete my third walk, cancer-free for two full years.

I would very much appreciate any donations to my walk...even a dollar, if you have it to spare...All of the help we can get to remove this terrible disease, get women tested, help those that are coping with breast cancer get the help they need is very much appreciated!

Here is a link to my page Susan G. Komen for the Cure® Southeastern Colorado Affiliate

I would love to have some company on my walk if any of you are in the area...Garden of the Gods is such a beautiful place!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread