• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

brillipower batts

Status
Not open for further replies.

WattWick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
Cold Norway
I see it as quite simple. The top dogs in the battery business makes all the batteries worth owning. They are at the cutting edge of (consumer) battery technology. You simply will not find better batteries from anyone else, no matter what it says on the wrapper. Personally I stick to the know brands.

This is just generalization. No idea if those are good or not. Never heard of them to be honest. For all I know, they may be a manufacturer for one (or more) of the top dogs.

Last edited:

dw117

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2014
Kernow
Never heard of them, had a quick google and most of the ones I came across were ICR batteries so not so suitable for vaping.

Probed deeper and found some IMR chemistry 18650s and 26650s. Specs are identical to other IMR batteries out there so they would likely be re-wraps in my opinion.

It costs a lot of money to develop new cells so these kinds of random chinese brands are almost always re-wraps, which means if you can work out what it likely is then the battery you're getting might still be pretty good, but also you run the risk of them being complete garbage and the specs just made up. So why not just buy the original?

Just my opinion obviously....

Darryl Licht

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2015
So Cal
If you check the three reviews here: Battery test-review 18650 comparator they are low current protected batteries, suitable for flashlights but not for vaping. At a whopping 5 amp discharge you might get 30 minutes use of of them - and even 5 amps is pushing these batteries.

Interesting your link says this as their conclusion for the Brillipower 2600:
This looks like a good quality battery with a good over current protection.

But I'll stick to Samsung, Sony, or LG for my batts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread