Broke my melo 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

weronk

Aug 7, 2015
I wanted to change o rings on my melo 2 tank and somehow I cracked glass part of the tank it wouldn't be a big deal if there was somewhere to buy new one. Would atlantis glass part fit on melo2? Or maybe you know how to fix it? Crack goes all the way from the top to the bottom.

Edit: I just looked up that one shop in my city has subtank mini and tfv4 glass parts, would any of them fit?

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
I don't know, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the diameter of the Melo 1 glass the same. The length might not be. Do you have a caliper, and is the glass still together enough to measure the diameter? If so, you an probably find something, even if you have to buy a piece of Pyrex tube and cut it to length yourself. Tank makers don't make borosilicate glass tubes, they buy them, and in stock sizes. Tanks are designed to fit...

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Would putting tape or superglue on cracked part work as temporary fix until replacement glasses will show up?
Tape, probably not. The tanks works by a pressure over vacuum system. An air leak at the glass will be messy. Superglue would worry me about the chemicals.

weronk

Aug 7, 2015
I don't have anything to cut the glass with. I was worried about superglue chemicals too..
12270339_1106229236083821_600183084_n.jpg
That is the whole crack, it's not much, but it still leaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread