The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Broken Mod

Discussion in 'Stormy's Vapor Cellar' started by WorksForMe, May 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. WorksForMe

WorksForMe Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 21, 2012
    N.N., Virginia
    Well, I was really excited about my new Squall mod a week ago. Now it seems like a failed expensive experiment. It came apart just like a couple of my eGo batteries did. The top of the mod(the metal ring around the button and the threads) is press fit into the body of the mod. The top part pulled out of the body. I can put it back in and the mod works, but it comes back out fairly easily.

I thought about gluing it in place with superglue, but it needs to have a metal to metal connection between the two parts, and I’m not sure how well superglue sticks to chrome. I looked at electrically conductive epoxies online, but they cost more than a new mod.

Does anybody have any ideas on how to fix this little $25 mod for less than I paid for it in the first place. TIA

J.R.

2. AG51

AG51 ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Jan 23, 2011
    Dat Way →
    :ohmy: Oh My Goodness ! :( I'm so sorry honey. How in the world did that happen ? I just tried pulling on mine and I can't budge it, it's still working great. I dunno about gluing chrome either. I hope some one has an answer for you :unsure:

3. WorksForMe

Supporting member
    Sep 21, 2012
    N.N., Virginia
    Thanks MM. I don't how this happens. I must be kinda hard on my ecigs. I was hoping this mod would be more sturdy than my eGos.

J.R.

4. CloudBurst

CloudBurst Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jun 2, 2009
    Georgia, USA
    JR - send it back to me, let me look at it. Send me an email for the address.

5. WorksForMe

Supporting member
    Sep 21, 2012
    N.N., Virginia
    Thanks for the offer Stormy. I don’t think this mod is defective. I’ve broke two eGo batteries the same way this year.:mail:

J.R.

6. WorksForMe

Supporting member
    Sep 21, 2012
    N.N., Virginia
    Well, I’m a happy camper again! I fixed my Squall (kinda funny name). I couldn’t talk myself into spending $30 on electrically conductive epoxy, so I got some J.B. Weld. It’s not conductive, so I just put three small dabs of epoxy in different places around the battery head where it goes into the body. Then I pushed the parts together and wiped off the excess epoxy that oozed out. After it dried, the mod seems as good as new.

For a bit, I thought I had wasted my money on this mod, batteries and charger:cry:, but now it’s good to go.:thumbs:

J.R.

7. AG51

AG51 ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Jan 23, 2011
    Dat Way →
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.