Not open for further replies.

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
N.N., Virginia
Well, I was really excited about my new Squall mod a week ago. Now it seems like a failed expensive experiment. It came apart just like a couple of my eGo batteries did. The top of the mod(the metal ring around the button and the threads) is press fit into the body of the mod. The top part pulled out of the body. I can put it back in and the mod works, but it comes back out fairly easily.

I thought about gluing it in place with superglue, but it needs to have a metal to metal connection between the two parts, and I’m not sure how well superglue sticks to chrome. I looked at electrically conductive epoxies online, but they cost more than a new mod.

Does anybody have any ideas on how to fix this little $25 mod for less than I paid for it in the first place. TIA

J.R.

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
N.N., Virginia
:ohmy: Oh My Goodness ! :( I'm so sorry honey. How in the world did that happen ? I just tried pulling on mine and I can't budge it, it's still working great. I dunno about gluing chrome either. I hope some one has an answer for you :unsure:

Thanks MM. I don't how this happens. I must be kinda hard on my ecigs. I was hoping this mod would be more sturdy than my eGos.

J.R.

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
N.N., Virginia
Well, I’m a happy camper again! I fixed my Squall (kinda funny name). I couldn’t talk myself into spending $30 on electrically conductive epoxy, so I got some J.B. Weld. It’s not conductive, so I just put three small dabs of epoxy in different places around the battery head where it goes into the body. Then I pushed the parts together and wiped off the excess epoxy that oozed out. After it dried, the mod seems as good as new.

For a bit, I thought I had wasted my money on this mod, batteries and charger:cry:, but now it’s good to go.:thumbs:

J.R.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread