Status
Not open for further replies.

WillieB69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2010
Mt. Pleasant, Iowa
Maybe this is the right place to put this but maybe not?? I dunno.

Anyway, I just bought my wife and I each a little Derringer clone from eBay. Hers is stainless steel and very well made. I ordered mine in black and it's mostly delrin plastic except for the base. Both came from the same seller. The really big problem is my top does not fit snugly and falls off. I was thinking of just gluing it to the body and then I would just pop the whole thing off when I dripped. I was going to superglue it but I got to thinking about fumes from the superglue causing issues.

Should I just give up and order another atty or is there a safe way I can attach the top without it catching on fire or crisping my lungs from glue fumes?

Reactions: mauricem00

WillieB69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2010
Mt. Pleasant, Iowa
I thought about epoxy as well. I also have some high temp adhesive stuff I could try. I just don't want any toxic fumes coming off of it when I'm done.

Might just say to heck with it and order another. These were cheap little clones so not a big deal.

WillieB69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2010
Mt. Pleasant, Iowa
Maybe a thicker oring or a wrap or two of dental floss/thread under the oring you're using on it now.
I had some dental floss handy. It seems to be doing the job until I can hunt down a better o-ring.

Thanks! :)

Not sure I'd glue it on. Those vapors can't be good for ya :)
I agree. The object of the game is harm reduction, not looking for other nasty crap to add in our vapes! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread