Status
Not open for further replies.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
I just used 2 drops of hot glue and they seem to be working just fine. I could use loctite as well but hot glue seemed to be easier.
There is a bit of tension from the cables that holds it into place as well. I reckon even without adhesive it would be just fine.

Thanks for the reply, good idea! I'll keep the info learned by your thread in my mental toolbox for a just in case it's needed someday file :)

nlag

Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Athens
Actually the hot glue didnt hold it and the screen moved a bit to the left.
I opened it up again and used loctite (the one that i use on the screws) on the grooves that the board slides in as well as hot glue on top.
Now what i find strange is that although the screen is dead center (it may look a bit on the right in the foto because of the angle that i took the pic but trust me it is) the bottom cap does not screw all the way in and leaves a gap of about 1mm.
Anyone got any idea why is that? pv5.jpg

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
Actually the hot glue didnt hold it and the screen moved a bit to the left.
I opened it up again and used loctite (the one that i use on the screws) on the grooves that the board slides in as well as hot glue on top.
Now what i find strange is that although the screen is dead center (it may look a bit on the right in the foto because of the angle that i took the pic but trust me it is) the bottom cap does not screw all the way in and leaves a gap of about 1mm.
Anyone got any idea why is that? View attachment 345455

No clue about why that would be, but I just wanted to comment that you did a great job polishing that up! I'm actually wondering if I should do the same to my husband's. I bought him a scuffed up, full sized Provari cheap from the classies. I cleaned it up with some isopropyl from a Provari cleaning kit (why can't I find that kind of isopropyl anywhere?), slapped a wrap on it, and it looks fine to me that way. Hubby however, does not like the wrap. It "feels" different to him. He's eyeing my hybrid red and black Provari Mini now. I told him to just take the wrap off, but he doesn't like the scuffed look either. Maybe sanding the paint off will keep him from putting his hands on MY things. At the very least, when he DOES get around to taking my hybrid, I can make his full sized pretty for me.

nlag

Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Athens
No clue about why that would be, but I just wanted to comment that you did a great job polishing that up! I'm actually wondering if I should do the same to my husband's. I bought him a scuffed up, full sized Provari cheap from the classies. I cleaned it up with some isopropyl from a Provari cleaning kit (why can't I find that kind of isopropyl anywhere?), slapped a wrap on it, and it looks fine to me that way. Hubby however, does not like the wrap. It "feels" different to him. He's eyeing my hybrid red and black Provari Mini now. I told him to just take the wrap off, but he doesn't like the scuffed look either. Maybe sanding the paint off will keep him from putting his hands on MY things. At the very least, when he DOES get around to taking my hybrid, I can make his full sized pretty for me.
Defiantly go for it. The straight parts are very easy to do. Those grooves though require some patience. Brushed stainless (or polished if you manage to do it) look a lot better than scuff marks.
And anyway even if you mess this up you stick another sticker in and wear your best smile :))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread