The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Bubbles from one side

Discussion in 'RTA' started by Epicardi, Mar 1, 2018.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Epicardi

Epicardi Full Member

Feb 1, 2018
    Hey guys, sorry if this is a silly question but after loads of experience with RDAs, I decided to try an RTA.
    I bought the Kensei by Vandy Vape and I’m absolutely loving it. It gives good flavour and never dry hits, however I did notice that bubbles only seem to come from one air flow hole. I’ve tried wicking it in many different ways and none have led to any issues besides the bubbles being so lopsided. I was wondering if this matters at all and if my wicks are still getting properly juiced on both sides.
    Thank you :)
    • Like Like x 2
  2. madstabber

madstabber Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I’ve often wondered the same thing but disregard when it continues to vape well. I don’t have a good answer for you but would love to hear if anyone does. I’ll keep an eye on this thread. Maybe we both just ask silly questions, who knows, lol.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. steeledragon78

steeledragon78 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 28, 2013
    Owasso, OK, USA
    bubbles on one side are ok, the capillary action of the wicks is still moving juice to the coils. i would only worry if you dont see any bubbles, or very very large bubbles that would indicate a choked wick or leaking respectively.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. bombastinator

bombastinator Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    This one is physics. The bubbles will come out the higher side. You might be able to get bubbles to come out both sides it you held the thing EXACTLY level, but that is very hard to do.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Boscovlle

Boscovlle Full Member

Feb 14, 2018
    Mine does the same thing and it doesn't effect the performance.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    • Like Like x 1
  6. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    Well, I've never worried about my bubbles, but it's nice that there's a nice, scientific explanation. Yeah, I only worry if I don't see bubbles, not exactly where they are coming from (more because it never occurred to me, I'm not saying it's a bad question, at all).

• Like Like x 2
  7. Monotremata

Monotremata Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 15, 2014
    Covina, CA
    I rarely get bubbles to come out of both juice holes. Never affected the vape, and everything seems to be good.
    • Like Like x 3
  8. 1/2 fast

1/2 fast Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 3, 2013
    SW Ohio
    This makes sense. Have used mostly older RTA’s (Kayfuns and Russians) for years and have never seen bubbles coming out of both sides yet they still vape fine.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1