Budget friendly e-juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

hypocritelecteur

Jun 23, 2015
Hello folks!

Made the switch from analogs about 6 months ago, tried a couple ego style (V2 blech!) devices but nothing really clicked until I dropped for a Provari + a nautilus Mini. Have a lemo 2 on the way because the nautilus coils are a bit of a paint to rebuild... The provari though! Such a beautiful and functional machine, but ouch did it make a financial dent.

I've been spoiling myself with Suicide Bunny, Alice in Vapeland, Whit E. Octopus and Heather's Heavenly liquids but I need to rein in my spending a bit... okay a lot. I've tried two from MBV (American Tobacco & Pina Colada) that were so terrible I don't really care to try the brand again, especially because even if I do find a flavor I enjoy in their catalog, I can't really count on them to reproduce it correctly in the next order. Three weeks of steeping and American Tobacco still tastes like a bit of rough grade chew wrapped in the toe end of some gym socks and dipped into a vat of cheap perfume. Pina Colada... more like Pine Sol-ada. Tastes like chemical burn.

I'd love to find something to replace my ADV which is Madrina by Suicide Bunny. Really pleasant heavy cream flavor with a honeydew melon twist.
Next favorite is Pilar which is a key lime pie flavor from Whit E. Octopus, and a close third is Heavenly Tobacco from Heather.
Any ideas on where to start sourcing more reasonably priced alternatives?

speedy_r6

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2015
Illinois, US
Go DIY. I personally use flavorings from flavor west or mbv(who uses flavor west flavorings). When I want to try making new mixes, i buy small amounts of flavoring from MBV. When I find flavorings that I really enjoy, I buy them in larger bottles from flavor west. I get my VG from essential depot, and have just been using 36mg nic base from MBV, but will be switching over to nude nicotine on my next order. When you DIY, you can tailor each of the juices to your liking.

Also, with the MBV juices, did you give them a couple weeks to steep? I have tried some from there that were really bad at first, but got pretty good after a few weeks of steeping.

addicted behavior

Jun 15, 2015
DIY! it is a bit of an experience to get started, but once you have the stuff, and a few recipes that you love, it is by far cheaper! plus you get to decide what goes in your juice....Have total control is a nice thing these days...Do a boat load of research first as this can greatly help keep the cost low. Finding good recipes is the key to success until your skill level improves....I also use a Nautilus Mini, although i did turn it into a sub ohm Nautilus. The coils are as easy to rebuild as anything if you take it completely apart and cut off the part that holds the thin cotton in place. Then forget about trying to wrap the cotton around the ground leg, just wrap the cotton, then bend the ground leg. Who cares if it touches the walls of the coil since the walls are ground anyways. If you tape the positive leg to your coil jig, it makes wrapping the cotton around it a cinch.... as far as air flow to support a sub ohm build, take the airflow ring off, then drill out the air holes a bit bigger. Then reassemble it and you have a decent sub ohm mini...Don't go to low with the build though, as the airflow will still be limited. i make mine in the .6 range and up, and it really has great production and flavor...good luck!

addicted behavior

Jun 15, 2015
  • Deleted by Spencer87

addicted behavior

Jun 15, 2015
  • Deleted by Spencer87

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
DIY
RECIPIES
DIY E-Liquid | E-Cigarette Forum
E-Liquid Recipes | E-Cigarette Forum
For recipes only!!!!!!! | E-Cigarette Forum
EcigExpress Archive Cookbook | Your favorite e-liquid recipes
Clone Recipes | Homemade E-juice Recipes
E-liquid recipes | dot1ml
diyRecipeBook
Mega TFA / TPA Recipe Thread : DIY_eJuice
Solid list of DIY clones! : DIY_eJuice
ejuicerecipeforum-the place for DIY e-juice lovers
TFA_Vendor's Recipes_06_23_14.pdf - Google Drive
E-Liquid Recipes | E-Juice Recipes
E-Liquid Mixing Recipes | Make My Vape
E-Liquid Recipes | Planet of the Vapes
99Juices
Zoho Creator -DIY e-Juice Recipe Book
Flavor Profiles that Pair Together in Recipes - Nouveau RawNouveau Raw
Favorite tobacco flavoring discussion - Tobacco flavoring discussion only | E-Cigarette Forum

MANUFACTURERS
The Flavor Apprentice Flavoring Thread | E-Cigarette Forum
The Hangsen Thread | E-Cigarette Forum
Inawera- a few reviews | E-Cigarette Forum
Flavor West DIY flavor review | E-Cigarette Forum
LIST of Capella Flavor Percentages | E-Cigarette Forum
Pure Vapes has 3ml FlavourArt flavorings | E-Cigarette Forum
Inawera Flavor Review - 45 Flavors From InaweraShop - Add Yours Too! | E-Cigarette Forum

DIY SUPPLIERS
Bull City Vapor - Best Prices on DIY e-liquid Supplies
Wizard Labs
DIY E-Liquid, Electronic Cigarettes and Wholesale Nicotine & E-Cig Juice | EcigExpress
DIY E-Cig Supplies & E-Cigarette Liquid | Make Your Own E-Liquid | RTS Vapes
Electronic Cigarettes | E-Liquids - MyFreedomSmokes
http://www.diyflavorshack.com/
Perfumers Apprentice - The Flavor Apprentice - World of Flavors
DIY E-liquid Supplies - Home
Wholesale Nicotine, Bulk e-Liquid, PG, VG and Supplies Heartlandvapes Wholesale
E-liquid Mart

PG/VG
Essential Depot: Sodium Hydroxide, Lye, Potassium Hydroxide, Argan Oil, Shea Butter, Essential Oil, Fragrance Oil, Vegetable Oils, Food Grade
DudaDiesel - Biodiesel, Chemical & Solar Supplies, Alternative Energy Store
Glycerin | Bulk Apothecary

E JUICE CALCULATOR
eJuice Me Up - Best eJuice Calculator
DIY E-Liquid Calculator Ten Flavors Plus PG/VG Adjusting

GLASS & PLASTIC BOTTLES
Glass Bottle Outlet
Glass Bottles, Jars, Closures & More | Packaging Options Direct
Bulk Glass & Plastic Containers, Bottles, Jars & Drums | Bottle Solutions | Bottle Solutions
wholesalevials
ebay and amazon for bottles, syringes, pg/vg,

juggler86

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2015
Wisconsin
People should really stop mentioning DIY in every juice thread unless the OP talks asks about it. Some of us rather get suggestions that pertain to our ?s, and not a bunch of people saying "just diy its so much cheaper".
Bot everybody wants yo mix their own juice and not everybody wants a liter of poison layinh in the freezer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread