Budget Glass Clearomizer Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

we87

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
DFW, TX
I've been drooling over the Kanger pro tanks, but not ready to shell out $25-30 bucks just yet on a Clearomizer alone. But I am very interested in getting a glass clearo next. I read somewhere that the protank clones on fasttech are a waste of money. And just found out that vivi nova makes a glass tank too.

So my question is: what is a good cheap/budget starter glass tank?

Thanks in advance.

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
I've been drooling over the Kanger pro tanks, but not ready to shell out $25-30 bucks just yet on a Clearomizer alone. But I am very interested in getting a glass clearo next. I read somewhere that the protank clones on fasttech are a waste of money. And just found out that vivi nova makes a glass tank too.

Thanks in advance.

Kanger PRO Tank Clearomizer (Bottom Feeding) with Pyrex Glass Tube and Replaceable Atomizer Head from Aqua Vapor Electronic Cigarette

Kanger Protank BCC (Bottom Coil Changeable) Glass Clearomizer [04-K-2-1] - $17.50 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail

You can find them cheaper, those are the first two I hit on a Google Search that were in stock. I really like the Protank, I recommend you try it.

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
Protank comes in the nice case, or for $2-3, less, an express kit. Check out ........'s for best deals. Current pricing for authentic Protanks is $12 - $14 on the low side, or $15-25, on the high side. Shop around. I've heard that Fasttech has both clones and authentic Protanks, and the difference is about $3 - 4 on their site.

Renzuli

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2011
North Las Vegas
billbeck is correct . Fast tech does indeed carry both the Protank , as well as the clone . They also have some other RDA'S ( clones ) that are very cheap and are made fairly well . I'm using one , as we speak . Good Luck Oh , and just get the Protank , they really are the cats a__ , well you know .

Last edited:

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
Not yet in distribution, the Smoktech pyrex Aro bottom coil clearomizer will soon be available for around $10. http://.........blogspot.com/2013/06/rollout-and-preorder-smoktech-aro-pryex.html

Yeppers....can't wait to try one. We all benefit with every passing day and all these folks trying to get the best vape possible for the buck. Thanks Bad.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas

Thanks in advance.

I dang sure wouldn't order one for $25 ~ $30 when several of the B&M's in the area sell them for $20 ~ $27 with no wait for shipping, of course most of them are closed today.

Just like anything opinions of products are gonna vary, for me the protank was just another on a long list of disappointing delivery devices.

Wow1420

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
Somewhere out there
Not yet in distribution, the Smoktech pyrex Aro bottom coil clearomizer will soon be available for around $10. http://.........blogspot.com/2013/06/rollout-and-preorder-smoktech-aro-pryex.html

Wow, that's nice looking. But why is everyone going to fixed metal drip tips? Solid stainless is OK, as is anodized aluminum, but I sometimes get a metalic taste from chrome plated metal.

Even so, it's one more thing I'll have to put on my wish list, along with the mini protank whenever that comes out.

crawler65

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2013
Medford, Oregon, United States

djezewski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Wayland, New York, United States
Wow, that's nice looking. But why is everyone going to fixed metal drip tips? Solid stainless is OK, as is anodized aluminum, but I sometimes get a metalic taste from chrome plated metal.

Even so, it's one more thing I'll have to put on my wish list, along with the mini protank whenever that comes out.

Personally I like a fixed tip as I do not drip. I have found that one some tank styles tips get lose..I guess then the only plus for me with the detachable tip is if they flood I can pull off the tip and rinse them out. Conclusion mixed feelings on what to use.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I am uncertain whether this product is thin glass or plastic! Conflicting claims by vendors.
I'm confused too. Got Vapes is selling a Vision Victory VT clearomizer which they list as having a polycarbonate tube. NEW! VISION Victory VT eGo Stainless 2.0ml Tank - 1.8ohm CLEAR [gv-VictoryVTeGo-1.8ohm-CLEAR] - $10.95 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

But it looks slightly different from this version sold by LiteCigUSA who doesn't bother to describe what the tube is made of.

Vision Victory Tank Bottom Coil Clearomizer

I would prefer seeing a link to the pyrex version.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
So, what are your thoughts on this: (I know it is plastic...)
I would never buy it for myself. I've made a personal commitment to only purchase items made of pyrex if given the choice between glass and plastic. If someone else is on a tight budget and doesn't use any of the known tank-cracking flavors, it is a option for them.

loadstar

Verified Member
Jun 11, 2013
London, ON
Yeesh. I just ordered 2 of those X9's as they were originally listed as pyrex. I also have a kanger protank on the way as well, so looking forward to that. I'll let you know how the X9's draw/work.

I have the smoktech pyrex DCT but I'm not a fan of the taste that cartos give. Also, mine leaked like crazy and the hole in the carto wouldn't draw in any liquid (using a very clear / light liquid at that) I think it needs 2 or more to work better. When I went to buy a replacement carto for the unit it wouldn't fit in the tank anymore. Thankfully the store replaced it outright with a new carto even.

As everyone else has pointed out, you can find the protanks for a lot better than the 25-30 you mentioned. I got the full kit from FastTech for 15.81 shipped. I figure its worth the extra 3 bucks for the additional coil and adapter ring it comes with. They're 16 something now for the full kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread