build me a device

Status
Not open for further replies.
2nd post -

just discovered what has happened to ecigs in the past couple of years - figures... i want in, so, if you're reading this and have the background, i'll be needing some help. I want a decent delivery device. initial $ or $$$ not so important. consistent vapor is, as is the ability to adjust flow. not particularly concerned about aesthetics, size, weight, etc. I'd very much like to quit but have to build this bridge...

looking at a couple of sites gives me ideas but I don't know if they mesh with reality. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

b

Kellycat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2013
Cary, NC, USA
I routinely build mods for personal use, depending upon what exactly you're after I could easily throw something together for you at/near my costs. Think you need 15 non-spam posts to get access to the PM system but just hang out in the new members forum a bit, greet people, share a success story or your smoking history in whatever appropriate threads, and then drop me a message and we can talk options for a mod. I've got a pet project with a 'hybrid' mech/VW setup on the back burner right now and it'd be easy enough to adapt it into whatever you're looking for. Flow control is going to be more a question of your delivery device as opposed to the battery/mod you're using though.

If you want something off the shelf, look at an iTaste MVP. Pretty nice device, never used one myself as, like I said, I build 'em myself, but it's getting good reviews for the most part. http://www.fasttech.com/product/1352000-innokin-itaste-mvp-5-in-1-voltage-adjustable

Last edited:

DlyDragger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2013
Zeeland, MI
The Cyborg by Fluid Vapor wouldn't be a bad place to start if you have the $$$. Otherwise hit up Kellycat, it sounds like she's more than willing to help and from my constant lurking I happen to know she could build you a nice mod.

If you want DNA20 or Nivel build, I could help you out too.

Or I could build you a vaper-man. :D

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Since you've already done some research, what interests you so far?

Size considerations? You want something you can easily put in your pocket while on the go? Or are you ok with a larger device (bigger batteries for longer time between charges) which you may need to carry in your hand/hand held case, or a shoulder bag (vape bag).

I suggest you just skip the cigarette-size batteries. These are like the disposable variety you can see for sale at gas stations or convenience stores.

The eGo class of batteries are long and and the thickness of a cigar. The "mods" or advance personal vaporizors (APV's) are like medium-size flashlights (tube form) or about the size of a pack of cigs (box mod).

The eGo's are a battery in and of themselves, with a built in fire button. Typically will last 6 months or longer. A mod is a tube or box that uses replaceable rechargeable batteries. Mods are generally much longer lasting and durable because of their tougher construction, and the fact that the batteries are replaceable.

It sounds like you might want a model that has variable heat control to control the vapor, these are call variable voltage batteries. Once you decide what battery device you want, you'll need to decide what kind of "toppers" or juice attachments to use on them. The below link has several types with pictures, description, and videos.

Juice Devices: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...k-what-primer-juice-delivery-attachments.html

A vision Spinner ego battery (variable voltage)

A tube mod called the ZMax Mini (variable voltage).

A box mod called the iTaste MVP 2 (variable voltage)

So, which form factor interests you?

Last edited:
I routinely build mods for personal use, depending upon what exactly you're after I could easily throw something together for you at/near my costs. Think you need 15 non-spam posts to get access to the PM system but just hang out in the new members forum a bit, greet people, share a success story or your smoking history in whatever appropriate threads, and then drop me a message and we can talk options for a mod. I've got a pet project with a 'hybrid' mech/VW setup on the back burner right now and it'd be easy enough to adapt it into whatever you're looking for. Flow control is going to be more a question of your delivery device as opposed to the battery/mod you're using though.

If you want something off the shelf, look at an iTaste MVP. Pretty nice device, never used one myself as, like I said, I build 'em myself, but it's getting good reviews for the most part. $45.16 INNOKIN iTaste MVP 5-in-1 Voltage Adjustable Rechargeable 2600mAh Mechanical LCD Electronic Cigarettes Set - black / with iClear 16 atomizers at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Thanks Kelly- after reading your post and the others in this thread I'm beginning to get a picture of the mechanics of this. further research will fill in more blanks. at this point, the more i find out the less i seem to know. i'll pm you when i'm further along.
b

The Cyborg by Fluid Vapor wouldn't be a bad place to start if you have the $$$. Otherwise hit up Kellycat, it sounds like she's more than willing to help and from my constant lurking I happen to know she could build you a nice mod.

If you want DNA20 or Nivel build, I could help you out too.

Or I could build you a vaper-man. :D

hi DIY,
I've much to learn but expect that creative types such as yourself will help me along. Nice to have so many choices. Thanks!
b

Since you've already done some research, what interests you so far?

Size considerations? You want something you can easily put in your pocket while on the go? Or are you ok with a larger device (bigger batteries for longer time between charges) which you may need to carry in your hand/hand held case, or a shoulder bag (vape bag).

I suggest you just skip the cigarette-size batteries. These are like the disposable variety you can see for sale at gas stations or convenience stores.

The eGo class of batteries are long and and the thickness of a cigar. The "mods" or advance personal vaporizors (APV's) are like medium-size flashlights (tube form) or about the size of a pack of cigs (box mod).

The eGo's are a battery in and of themselves, with a built in fire button. Typically will last 6 months or longer. A mod is a tube or box that uses replaceable rechargeable batteries. Mods are generally much longer lasting and durable because of their tougher construction, and the fact that the batteries are replaceable.

It sounds like you might want a model that has variable heat control to control the vapor, these are call variable voltage batteries. Once you decide what battery device you want, you'll need to decide what kind of "toppers" or juice attachments to use on them. The below link has several types with pictures, description, and videos.

Juice Devices: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...k-what-primer-juice-delivery-attachments.html

A vision Spinner ego battery (variable voltage)

A tube mod called the ZMax Mini (variable voltage).

A box mod called the iTaste MVP 2 (variable voltage)

So, which form factor interests you?

Hey B-Tude - that post qualifies as a WIKI Nicely done and much appreciated
am at the point of realizing that there is an alphabet but don't know all the letters and certainly can't form words though I know what sounds good to me if that makes sense...

that said, i will probably end up doing what so many do - multiple tools for the task
i want to be able to grab a lung full in my classroom when my students are gone or on the sly at other times so a discretion-sized device will be needed.

also drawn to the form factor of the first two pics you posted - cylinders both, not too wide nor longer than 9 inches or so. boxes don't seem right somehow (at this point anyway) I have a lot of looking to do. durability is important, battery life not so much so. the dial-a-hit idea appeals as well. i'll keep looking, posting, and will soon be able to pm with bits like this. am sure research and patience will get me what i'm wanting. thanks for the depth of your post.
b

Kellycat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2013
Cary, NC, USA
Hey B-Tude - that post qualifies as a WIKI Nicely done and much appreciated
am at the point of realizing that there is an alphabet but don't know all the letters and certainly can't form words though I know what sounds good to me if that makes sense...

that said, i will probably end up doing what so many do - multiple tools for the task
i want to be able to grab a lung full in my classroom when my students are gone or on the sly at other times so a discretion-sized device will be needed.

also drawn to the form factor of the first two pics you posted - cylinders both, not too wide nor longer than 9 inches or so. boxes don't seem right somehow (at this point anyway) I have a lot of looking to do. durability is important, battery life not so much so. the dial-a-hit idea appeals as well. i'll keep looking, posting, and will soon be able to pm with bits like this. am sure research and patience will get me what i'm wanting. thanks for the depth of your post.
b

If you want something you can take a hit from on a break or between classes, the Ego Twist or Vision Spinner with a Kanger Evod would have to get my recommendation, that's my out-and-about setup, probably about the size of a cigar or one of those whiteboard/fatty permanent markers. Definitely discrete, especially in all black, and if you vape a high-PG blend there's very little noticeable vapor produced if you hold it in your mouth/lungs for a minute. I have a much larger 'box' mod (still pocketable, but not discrete in the slightest) that I use at home/at parties/etc when I know I won't get hassled for having it.

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
If you want something you can take a hit from on a break or between classes, the Ego Twist or Vision Spinner with a Kanger Evod would have to get my recommendation, that's my out-and-about setup, probably about the size of a cigar or one of those whiteboard/fatty permanent markers. Definitely discrete, especially in all black, and if you vape a high-PG blend there's very little noticeable vapor produced if you hold it in your mouth/lungs for a minute. I have a much larger 'box' mod (still pocketable, but not discrete in the slightest) that I use at home/at parties/etc when I know I won't get hassled for having it.
With a 450mAh ego its even smaller!

only problem...not VV
$6.11 450mAh USB Rechargeable Battery for EGO E-Cigarette at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
MadVapes Mini eGo Smart Kit, Black
Mini eGo Battery - High Desert Vapes

If the OP wants to build his own...check out the puck
How to Build the Puck e-Cig Battery Mod - Part 1 - The PUCK eCig Mod

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
Do you think you can do a rebuildable atomizer tank? If so I would recommend a larger device. A variable voltage mod that takes 18650 bats.- like a zmax telecopic, ksd kmax, or a vamo (i have a k200) and a oddy style rebuildable. Oddity, terminator c, ect.

Rebuildables are Not as hard as you may think, if you are mechanical and have dexterity the oddy has been the most reliable vape for me so far. You can get Ready made coils for cheap. Jast ask if you want more info on these.

I have had top coil clearomizers, like vivi nova, bottom coil - kanger t3, protank,evod, and the oddy clone has been the best.

If you want it easier then go with a vv twist battery with an evod or smoketech aero - which is getting rave reviews.

All of these can be found at discount vapers, stormys vapor cellar, or other great vendors.

Or there's the carto tank option. I'm digging the new raven carto tank. A new hybrid carto.

Last edited:

nmackan

ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2013
Turkiye
everybody talks about devices. Yes it is precious of course. But what is important that, what do you smoke how much nicotine you intake from smoking. The matter is liquid. You can take them with primitive, cheap devices too. anything will do.you get 2 sets and go ahead. Meanwhile you develop some habits and want special things long life battery easy change top etc. and go ahead like that. Important part is if you want to be happy you look for juice first

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread