Builders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saucier930

Dec 24, 2020
I used to build new coils every night on RDA. Sub ohm tanks with coil heads became a thing and I transitioned to sub ohm tanks with replaceable coil heads. I put an old school 5 wrap kanthal build on my origen 1 the other day. I’m just wondering if anyone out there is still building RDA’s or is that a thing of the past?
image.jpg

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I’m just wondering if anyone out there is still building RDA’s or is that a thing of the past? View attachment 923189

Welcome to ECF, and Merry Christmas :)

I started vaping using an eGo-C kit which used an early version of replaceable coil heads. They were not great :rolleyes: . After trying out a couple of other options I switched to RDA's and then when rebuildable tanks got better I switched to that. These days I use rebuildable tanks for my 'out and about' vape and RDA's on squonk mods when I'm relaxing at home. One way or the other, I've been building coils for about eight years now.

I suspect the majority of vapers use coil heads, but wraping coils for RDA's or RTA's is still a thing and quite common with ECF members.

the wind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2012
alabama
My Daily Driver is a NarDa RDA. My Laying in Bed watching TV is a cut-down SXK Wine RTA. And my On-the-Go Atomizer is a Gear RTA or a STM.

So Yeah... I still do Builds.

BTW - Welcome to the ECF. And Merry Christmas. View attachment 923193
I use the little gear for on the go too.

At home mainly been a clone of the Drawf.
It has a fixed af and option of a plastic tank(copied from the space station):?:

the wind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2012
alabama
Isn't it just a Cool Little RTA. Looks good also.

I use it mainly on one of these Tesla's...

9717278-4.jpg

... which makes for a Very Pocket Friendly set-up.

View attachment 923199
I use it on a solo,was sold on the line when everyone was trying to break them.

The main knock on the gear is being thirsty, very easy to build.:thumb:

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I used to build new coils every night on RDA. Sub ohm tanks with coil heads became a thing and I transitioned to sub ohm tanks with replaceable coil heads. I put an old school 5 wrap kanthal build on my origen 1 the other day. I’m just wondering if anyone out there is still building RDA’s or is that a thing of the past? View attachment 923189

I currently use 5 bf RDAs daily. Squonking is the way of the future :evil:

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Yes, many here doing builds... RDAs, RTAs, ect. There are subforums for this (even a specific one for discussing coils) I do all of the above (including drop-in coils but when those run out it's all about building) Even make my own e-juice (DIY) I think you will find these forums fascinating.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread