Building a better coil for VG

Status
Not open for further replies.

profector

Verified Member
I'm using Kanger bottom coil tanks, Unitank, Protank, a few MT3's and vaping a 70% VG and 30% flavor and PGA. Is there a better way to rebuild the atomizer than just doing the same they did when it was manufactured? The reason I'm asking is because I have few that can be rebuilt and I've been getting quite a few dry hits even on the new ones. Backing up some, I was using a vision spinner for a few months @ 3.3 volts and it worked fine. Then I got a Vamo V5 and even at the lowest low volts or watts, and with a new atomizer, I'm get the burnt taste \ metal taste now and then. It usually happens after I take a few pulls back to back. I've put a couple of drops of distilled water in the mix to thin out the VG and it's helped some but it's not perfect. Right now all my coils are at 2.2 ohms.

I hoping there is a better type of wick for the higher VG% or maybe I should try different gauge wire and wrap it more times to change the amount of surface area the wick is exposed to the coil? Or maybe just keep thinning our the liquid with water or grain alcohol?

Feel free to get a technical as you want. I am assuming that the VAMO is using pulse width modulation to control the power and that is the difference between it and the spinner.

profector

Verified Member
Still a little new at this, I guess. What the difference between a RBA\RDA. It seems like the tanks that I've seen that are designed to be rebuildable are for dripping or hold a small amount that leaks if tank gets laid on it's side, is that right? Maybe I just don't know what I'm looking for yet. The most of the bottom coil Kangers hold enough to get me through the work day, and don't leak till the wick gets worn out.

Niko49

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2013
Kentucky
RDA is a Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer. They usually only hold a few drops of liquid at a time. RBA is a Rebuildable Atomizer that generally has a tank setup and will hold anywhere from 1.5ml - 5 ml of juice. Some leak when turned on their side and some dont. RSST is probably the most user friendly RBA but will definitely leak if layed on its side. Personally my favorite Genesis Style RBAs are the Pulse G clone and the AGA-T3. As far as RDAs go, you can't go wrong with an IGO-W.

Jazzi Mike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2013
Michigan
I would recommend a Kayfun style RBA. You can use the same sort of coil you are using for you're Protank heads. I actually think it might be easier than what you are attempting since PT heads are kinda complicated to take apart and rebuild. Not to mention, Kanger uses NR wire everywhere except the actual coil, so it doesn't get hot.

I buy premixed juice, but most of it 100% VG, which I assume is around the same thickness of your DIY juice. I have never had an issue with dry hits, etc when building coils for an RBA. I think you will be more successful if you just use an atomizer meant to be rebuilt rather than rebuilding PT heads.

profector

Verified Member
Are there any good bottom coil stainless RBA's that are about 21mm? I was looking at the Stattqualm Squape Swiss Atomizer Clone by EHPro, Rebuildable 5.2 RBA Tank, but that thing is a beast. It looks like it would work fine but it's just too big. I was hopefully for something about 2ml-ish. I looked at the Kayfun RBA, but I feel like I'll just want to upgrade shortly after I get it. Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread