• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Building coils

Status
Not open for further replies.

botakchek

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2014
Lion city
0b1055d4e12acfa619405c67c408f349.jpg

Some 12 ply framed staple for this week.

Great flavour!

12x .5x.1 ka1
28g n80 frames
38g n80 wrap

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Loylipop

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2015
Singapore
Stainless is a good alternative. I'm using SS all the time.

+1..............

+2. SS easy to coil and flavour is cleaner. maybe my own bias, but i find it lasts longer too? no need to change coil so fast.

+3
I started out from KanthalA1 and then Kanthal Claptons for a long time. Ever since @Chemical Bromance introduced me to SS316 wires, i was hooked. I'm almost NEVER on variable wattage mode now unless I'm using tanks with my kanthal builds already on.
SS Temp control is bae now. No dry hits, no burnt coils, clean tastes, and most importantly, long lasting coils, from changing my coils every other day to changing them once a week. YES, THE DIFFERENCE IS THAT MUCH. (maybe because i vape on really high wattages when on VW mode)
But yeah, I'm on SS316 Claptons 24G with 32G wraps and I am never going back. :firefox:

Loylipop

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2015
Singapore
Think the image hosting website might be down. Need to reupload.. haha
Ahhh that explains it. I was trying to view the builds then so annoying keep cannot view.

My coils last me a month.. although i'm changing to SS for some of my builds now
Wah you vape VW can last a month? What are you vaping on!!
Maybe its just me cause i prefer those sweet sweet juice which gunks up my coils alot and I have to clean them out. I don't know how to tell if its gunk or burnt cotton so... HAHAHHAA

botakchek

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2014
Lion city
Ahhh that explains it. I was trying to view the builds then so annoying keep cannot view.

Wah you vape VW can last a month? What are you vaping on!!
Maybe its just me cause i prefer those sweet sweet juice which gunks up my coils alot and I have to clean them out. I don't know how to tell if its gunk or burnt cotton so... HAHAHHAA

Yup! Regular cleaning, i.e. rewick, wash and dry burn coil. The current fused clapton build in my petri rta has been in there for 2 weeks without a rewick and still looks fine.. LOL, super lazy to open it up and rewick.

Currently on ANML Unleashed reaver!

Loylipop

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2015
Singapore
Yup! Regular cleaning, i.e. rewick, wash and dry burn coil. The current fused clapton build in my petri rta has been in there for 2 weeks without a rewick and still looks fine.. LOL, super lazy to open it up and rewick.

Currently on ANML Unleashed reaver!

Ifkr, rewicking is a ...... That's why TC is bae for me now. Chain vape for hours and still no burn as long as i stay on 500*F HAHAHAHA
and wow i just googled it and looks like some sick ... juice you're vaping on!

botakchek

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2014
Lion city
@Loylipop, nice work leh! I only rewrap clear.... screw around with people's minds when they see my batteries.

Anyway, here is my new build in the goon. 22g n80 stitched exo alien 6 wraps 3mm. Come out to 0.08 ohms, super warm flavourful vape!

But a lot of manipulating to get the coil to be uniform.. the other side not so nice so I just shot this side hahaha

17457690_10154411927926451_5489983417424247175_n.jpg

Reactions: Loylipop

Loylipop

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2015
Singapore
@Loylipop, nice work leh! I only rewrap clear.... screw around with people's minds when they see my batteries.

Anyway, here is my new build in the goon. 22g n80 stitched exo alien 6 wraps 3mm. Come out to 0.08 ohms, super warm flavourful vape!

But a lot of manipulating to get the coil to be uniform.. the other side not so nice so I just shot this side hahaha

17457690_10154411927926451_5489983417424247175_n.jpg

WOW.
I've never experimented with building crazy coils other than claptons and i gotta say that looks sick af.
How is building on the goon compared to the velocity style build decks thou, is it alot easier since all the new tanks I've seen are also implementing this build posts into their design?

Woohoowoohoo

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2016
WOW.
I've never experimented with building crazy coils other than claptons and i gotta say that looks sick af.
How is building on the goon compared to the velocity style build decks thou, is it alot easier since all the new tanks I've seen are also implementing this build posts into their design?

Not as easy as velocity deck, but can accommodate literally any build. Dont get me wrong, it's still easy, but have to get used to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Loylipop
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread