Building Series Box Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owen gray

Jun 17, 2018
Are you just throwing this mod together out of your head? If not, what do the plans for this mod suggest?

16 to 14 gauge is the normal recommended gauge wire for internal wiring of a mod.

Now, if you're talking about the coils.. Nah.. try 24 or 26 ;)
Okay, what I wired 2 18650s that are both 20A, would 14 be the optimal choice? I’m not planning on a mosfet or anything, just batteries to button to 510. Or should I go 12G to be safe?

Owen gray

Jun 17, 2018
Imho anything over 12g is gratuitous. People talk about low impedance etc.. but the actual numbers are ridiculously small.

As to the batteries I strongly suggest you read Mooch's blog | E-Cigarette Forum

Your 40amp statement implies you are sorely misinformed about batteries.
Read a little bit online, it’s a 40A pulse discharge and 15A Continous so I’m right but I’m also wrong

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Actually, if you want to be safe, just stop!
Okay, what I wired 2 18650s that are both 20A, would 14 be the optimal choice? I’m not planning on a mosfet or anything, just batteries to button to 510. Or should I go 12G to be safe?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Owen gray

Jun 17, 2018
No mosfet? I'm starting to worry about what switch you are using too?

There is no switch rated above 10A that is smaller than a shoe box.....
I got the idea from a person I follow on IG, she does them and I was looking at the wiring and didn’t see a mosfet, I can always double check it but I’m pretty sure there wasn’t one

Reactions: laurie9300

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
If done properly and proper precautions are used i will be fine. I just need some help to decide what gauge wire would work best.
What will be the total length of the wiring? How much current will you push through that wiring? How much voltage drop will you consider to be acceptable? Look up the resistance per foot of the wiring gauges you are considering and calculate the voltage drop each one will produce over the length of wire you will have.

No mosfet? I'm starting to worry about what switch you are using too?
Yeppers. The switch tends to be the weak point in a mech mod. And it's worse in a series mod because the arc that inevitably forms when you open the switch will stretch considerably further before it extinguishes at 8.4V than at 4.2V. This gives it more time to burn/pit the contacts.

Reactions: laurie9300
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread