Building with SXK Wine

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcdozer

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2015
Northern VA
I've been doing the same 2.5mm build with 28g kanthal on a kanger subtank mini for 3 years, but I bought a few Wines for the vapocalypse box in 2016. Decided to bust one out and build on it, but I can't even get the legs of the coil clamped down tightly. Does the wine have a limitation to 26g wire or thicker, or am I making some strange colossal error?

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I've been doing the same 2.5mm build with 28g kanthal on a kanger subtank mini for 3 years, but I bought a few Wines for the vapocalypse box in 2016. Decided to bust one out and build on it, but I can't even get the legs of the coil clamped down tightly. Does the wine have a limitation to 26g wire or thicker, or am I making some strange colossal error?

I've used 28ga Wire in my "Cut-Down" SXK Wine many (Many) times. Never had a problem. It is My Favorite rta.

Without a Coil in your Deck, do the Screws screw all the way down so they Bottom Out to the Deck with No Gap?

dcdozer

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2015
Northern VA
I've used 28ga Wire in my "Cut-Down" SXK Wine many (Many) times. Never had a problem. It is My Favorite rta.

Without a Coil in your Deck, do the Screws screw all the way down so they Bottom Out to the Deck with No Gap?
I think so. I'll have to check tomorrow. Thanks for the reply.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld

I've been using 28mm kanthal without ever an issue.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I think for some (me certainly) dexterity may play a role. It's hard (for me) if the wire is TOO thick, but also TOO thin.

Guess I'm the Goldilocks of vape. LOL. Don't leave your house unattended. :D

Anna

;)

Quinoa-Porridge_Berry_3D.jpg

dcdozer

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2015
Northern VA
I realized that it may be how I trim the wire...when I first started building with the Kanger STM back in the day, one of the videos I watched was pbusardo's, and in that vid he tightened down the screws and then just twisted the wire back and forth until the extra wire snapped off. Could this be the issue and I need to snip the coil down with wire cutters? I noticed I had to be really careful when I did this on my new Digiflavor Siren tank as well.

I have another Wine tank I can dust off and try out, but I've been playing with the Siren recently.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I realized that it may be how I trim the wire...when I first started building with the Kanger STM back in the day, one of the videos I watched was pbusardo's, and in that vid he tightened down the screws and then just twisted the wire back and forth until the extra wire snapped off. Could this be the issue and I need to snip the coil down with wire cutters? I noticed I had to be really careful when I did this on my new Digiflavor Siren tank as well.

I have another Wine tank I can dust off and try out, but I've been playing with the Siren recently.

I prefer the Snip to the Twirl (universally), but that's just a personal preference. Some like to spin, and it's only the end result that counts.

Give a whirl (so to speak). ;)

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I use 28g kanthal. It's just that it doesn't seem to get pinned down tight enough on the wine's base for me to twist and tug.

If the Deck Screws can screw down all the way, it should. Because the way the Wine Deck is arraigned, there isn't a lot of places for the wire to go.

3806100-3.jpg

One thing that can happen with Any Atomizer is if the Underside of the Deck Screw heads aren't Flat. Because if there is a Slight angle on the underside, it just pushes the wire Away from the screw when you tighten it.

Or if the Screw can't be screwed down all the way to the Deck.

That is why I asked Earlier if you could see any Gap between the Underside of the screw and the Deck when you screw the screws down without a Coil.

dcdozer

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2015
Northern VA
If the Deck Screws can screw down all the way, it should. Because the way the Wine Deck is arraigned, there isn't a lot of places for the wire to go.

3806100-3.jpg

One thing that can happen with Any Atomizer is if the Underside of the Deck Screw heads aren't Flat. Because if there is a Slight angle on the underside, it just pushes the wire Away from the screw when you tighten it.

Or if the Screw can't be screwed down all the way to the Deck.

That is why I asked Earlier if you could see any Gap between the Underside of the screw and the Deck when you screw the screws down without a Coil.
I got distracted by the siren. I would've thought the twist would work as well. Will take a look - thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread