RDA Bulli A2 Positive Terminal Dead - Re-solder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

devnull71

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2010
San Mateo, CA
I have a Bulli A2 with no continuity from the positive terminal on the top to the center post on the atty connector. I managed to pry out the center post on the base (tearing the silicon insulator in the process). The positive wire is still firmly attached, but I'm getting no current flow through the ends. I've either got a bad solder joint or a broken positive wire.

Does anyone have any experience in completely disassembling the A2 base? Specifically:

• Is the positive wire soldered directly to the positive screw terminal on the top?
  • Can the positive screw terminal be removed through the top of the Bulli without destroying the insulator ring?

I found a thread saying that the positive post can sometimes shift upwards and lose contact, but that doesn't seem to be the case here.

I'm assuming I can scavenge a replacement silicon insulator for the atty connector from a dead 510 if/when I get the internal wire issue sorted out. I'd love to avoid having to ship it back to Germany for repairs.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread