Burning in throat from vaping lately

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alice Schofield

May 20, 2018
Hi all. Similar question.
I am 8 days vaping with the Aspire Pocketx, I am on a 12mg nicotine level but added an 18mg liquid into my vape yesterday but it was too strong so cleaned it out and put my 12mg back in. It is burning my throat and isn’t pleasant. I changed the coil yesterday thinking it was still soaked in the 18mg but it’s still the same now. I’ve ordered new coils but it’s unpleasant to vape it now.

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Hi all. Similar question.
I am 8 days vaping with the Aspire Pocketx, I am on a 12mg nicotine level but added an 18mg liquid into my vape yesterday but it was too strong so cleaned it out and put my 12mg back in. It is burning my throat and isn’t pleasant. I changed the coil yesterday thinking it was still soaked in the 18mg but it’s still the same now. I’ve ordered new coils but it’s unpleasant to vape it now.

What juice are you using?

• Agree

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
How much PG vs. VG? Sometimes that can make a difference, although since you raised your nic level, I might suspect that. Lowering PG (maybe, might) compensate for that though? It's a though anyway.

Nic salts have almost no throat hit, so if you are venturing into higher nicotine territory, a nic salt juice (or even just using your regular juices but bumping up nicotine a bit USING DIY nic salts might help. IDK. It could be the different flavorings, too.

Best of luck getting it sorted out. :)

Anna

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Debang pear drops 12mg but put 18mg of logic cherry juice before changing the coil and readding the pear drops

Some of the burning in your throat might be a sensitivity to either PG or VG. I don't know for sure but it's possible.

For you it's a matter of figuring out if something is causing a sensitivity.. your doctor can help you with this.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
How much PG vs. VG? Sometimes that can make a difference, although since you raised your nic level, I might suspect that. Lowering PG (maybe, might) compensate for that though? It's a though anyway.

Nic salts have almost no throat hit, so if you are venturing into higher nicotine territory, a nic salt juice (or even just using your regular juices but bumping up nicotine a bit USING DIY nic salts might help. IDK. It could be the different flavorings, too.

Best of luck getting it sorted out. :)

Anna

It's 50/50 mix from what i was able to learn..

Richard-D

Jan 23, 2017
London, UK
Alice, isn't 12 mg/ml a rather high nicotine level for the type of tank you are using? I'm not familiar with the product but just looked it up and it appears to use sub-ohm coils. It is generally recommended that with sub-ohm coils a nicotine level of no more than 6 mg/ml should be used, otherwise the throat hit can be very harsh.

Sometimes just giving the bottle of juice a thorough shake can help distribute the nicotine more evenly throughout the liquid. I find this a frequent problem with my newly made DIY mixes and I seem to be very sensitive to nicotine 'hotspots' within the liquid. I've made it a habit to shake the bottle before filling a tank, every time.

I also prefer a higher ratio of VG to PG, for less throat hit. For example, 80VG 20PG. This works well with sub-ohm coils.

And sometimes you just get a bad coil that doesn't last long. It happened to me today and the taste and throat 'burn' was truly horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread